Strange sound front f250 4x4 truck help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 20:14   #1 (permalink)

Strange sound front f250 4x4 truck help

We were taking and afternoon drive and I hear a light thump right near the front passenger side. Every few miles I heard it. AC is on. It kept doing this every 2-4,. The guys pulled over and check the hubs v=because they though it was a wheel bearing. After we started again after a slight cool down from stopping it started again
I rolled down my window and told them I was sure it was under the passanger hood. Sounding like a flipping spring sound. Then at last it make a long sound that they thought was the end of a bearing going out. The all of sudden it stopped. The we pulled over a again and drove more slowly with the window down so we may hear it again and with the AC off it never made the sound again
Then when we got closer to home we decided to try it with the AC so. Still nothing. Now we do not know what the sound was or what we need to check. Any one know of anything this could possibly be. I have to think I have to pull my RV with this and not know what would happened. What do I tell the mechanic to check? Thanks
lilbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 21:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: Strange sound front f250 4x4 truck help

Check your cab mounts
puddle jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:37   #3 (permalink)

Wow where would I do that that?. You know this has some heavy duty shocks on it . Could that be it. Cab Mounts?
This sound was like a spring flipping then acted like it took hold and then there was a whining sound and then quit.? Can you tell me more about the cab mounts?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:42   #4 (permalink)

Im sorry I reread your post and cab mounts are not your problem.After rereading your post you may have had a rock cought up in the front brakes.
I would get a shop to check it out becouse a brake caliper slides depending on the year of your truck may have come apart . The cab mounts are the rubber spacers between the body and frame.
puddle jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:32   #5 (permalink)

we are going to have it checked out. My hubby said he never thought of that. I my self think it is something else. But he sends thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel