Talk to me about putting a supercharger in my '01 F150 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 19:18   #1 (permalink)

Talk to me about putting a supercharger in my '01 F150

Well, this is officially my first post here. I have a 2001 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L SOHC engine in it. The truck has 93k miles on it. This past year the passenger side manifold rusted out, and I replaced the stock manifolds with Pacesetter full length headers. The stock crossover pipe was also removed and there's a universal cat on each side to keep the O2 sensors off. It is a true dual exhaust, and is pretty loud since there's nothing there except the cats. The collector on the header is 3", and the pipe is 2.5" and the way back.

There's the setup. I have been thinking for awhile about getting a supercharger from a Lightning or Harley truck and bolting it on. Here's where the trouble begins. I don't know a lot about them except the concept of how they work. If I got a complete unit and just swapped my stock intake manifold out with it, would that be all the major work involved? I'm thinking that I would also need to run a second fuel pump on the frame, bigger injectors, and probably either get a chip or a programmer.

The other question is how much boost can I run with stock pistons and compression? The minor stuff would be the air intake needing to be swapped from stock to a cold air intake, and I would need to find a intake that could be converted over since the supercharger I'm looking at has a oval intake port flange.

So what have I left out or forgotten? Has anyone done this, and what kind of results did you get? I'm not planning on doing any type of racing or off roading, but I want have lots of power in a "sleeper". I'm young and single so I'm pretty much free to do what I want.
fuelburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel