Temp problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 10:33   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Temp problem

Ever sence i bought my truck like 4 months ago my temp gage does not work it stays at cold so i put a new coolent temp senser in it and it still dint work...so the last thing i thought up was th gage might be burnt out so i got a new one and put it in and nothing sooo tom its going in to the local shop to get rims so i might have them look at it.....any ideas before i pay to have it fixed?
Bigred4x4I6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 10:56   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Re: Temp problem

All I could suggest offf the top of my head would be to follow the wires and make sure they are all good. You did a swap right? Is the gauge compatable with the sensor?
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:18   #3 (permalink)

Also, sometimes the needle gets stuck on the gauges and will not move with the temperature. In my case atleast.
redlead3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 21:10   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs down Re: Temp problem

well today i worked on checking all the connections and every thing looks good..... so i gave up and i brought it to the local repair shop and they looked over it and called me liek 3 hours later and told me that it was going to be this wireing job that would take about 2 1/2 hours to do....at $75.30 a hour..... i guess he said the wire needs to be replaced al the way up to the dash so idk what im going to do... thats alot of money to just make a gage go up and down!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:46   #5 (permalink)

dude, thata a BIG waste of cash.. get a $20 guage from a parts store and put it in yourself. are you trying to keep the stock look?
presto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:16   #6 (permalink)

no not at all... i ended up just adding a gage to truck so it all worked out good..im not going to spend that much cash on somthing like that! but anyways here is some pictures of the truck let me know what u think!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2427833
Old 01-31-2007, 05:06   #7 (permalink)

wish i got to you earlier.. i believe its normal for this truck NOT to read very hot. My truck does the EXACT same thing and has been looked over by my mechanic twice. No problems to be found. I may buy the TSU at somepoint see what it does.
NeXtras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel