To trade for a f150 or not to...that is my question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 16:02   #1 (permalink)

To trade for a f150 or not to...that is my question

Pretty straight forward.

I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty. Info can be found here:

2004 Jeep Liberty $3,000 Possible trade - 100606199 | Custom Jeep Classifieds | Jeep Sales

My wife is wanting a truck and me a car. The plan is to trade around and see if I can get a truck for the Jeep. Dodge, Chevy, or Ford was her choices. After going through several choices, she has decided on a 2000 Ford f150 Short bed v6 4.2 5 speed with 200k+ miles with the motor having around 130k, according to the guy anyways. Also has the towing package.

Right now the offer is the Ford f150+$500 for the Jeep. When I asked how much boot he had in mind...I was thinking $1000. But he said 500...and fear of insulting the guy I just want to wait to see the truck this Saturday first. HOWEVER, I don't know what they go for on average and I dont know what to look for exactly. It comes with a tool box as well. I personally have no experience with Fords but she loves em. She also loves the fact that her Grandpa has a truck similar to it in almost every way. Only differences is that her Grandpas is a v8 5 speed and has a extended bed.

So yea, what should I look for when seeing the truck for the first time and what should I ask in boot based on the outcome? Jeep goes for around 4k-4500 in good shape. Mine is far from being in good shape. $3,000 is probably the lowest you will find a running 04 Jeep Liberty for lol.

This is the f150 we are considering:

Apologize if this is the wrong place for this...wasn't 100% sure
LonnieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 17:55   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: To trade for a f150 or not to...that is my question

For an estimated street value:

New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides
Used Cars, Used Car Prices, Used Car Pricing - Kelley Blue Book

My best recommendation is this: how much do you/she like this, and remember, they made more.
Old 09-26-2013, 18:02   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

To me that's a tough call. It is a pretty plain truck. Not auto that you mentioned you wanted in your add. I'd say if you are ok with that truck try for closer to $1000 cash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 18:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSkinner View Post
For an estimated street value:

New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides
Used Cars, Used Car Prices, Used Car Pricing - Kelley Blue Book

My best recommendation is this: how much do you/she like this, and remember, they made more.
Yea ive been going by KBB a bit. Ive noticed that its a bit higher than what you can find vehicles being sold by people. Main thing is that it'll be hers so I couldn't care less what it is. She loves how it looks and the fact its a Ford. Also its the only truck that we have been offered so far and she wants it gone. Me...I couldn't care less, as long as we have a vehicle that can go from point a to point b without blowing up...then idc. Just want to try to get the best deal we possibly can since we got the Jeep from a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-clar View Post
To me that's a tough call. It is a pretty plain truck. Not auto that you mentioned you wanted in your add. I'd say if you are ok with that truck try for closer to $1000 cash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yea mentioned auto because I don't know a lot about driving a stick shift. I wanna learn how so I figure sure why not. She knows how and it'll be 100% hers come tax time when I decide to find myself a car. May just mention $1000 and see where it goes.
LonnieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel