Transmission overdrive light flashing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 14:47   #1 (permalink)

Question Transmission overdrive light flashing

11months after my original posting, I have a code P1876 Trans case selonoid circuit fault. Can any one tell me what this means.

I own a 2003, 7.3 liter, Power Stroke Diesel. The overdrive light on the transmission shifting arm will suddenly start flashing and the transmission will down shift. I have taken it to three mechanics and no one has resolved the issue. Any suggestions.
Rick Hoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 05:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: Transmission overdrive light flashing

well first off the light flashing is indicating that the transmission has thrown a code , did the mechanic hook acode reader up to it, if so what was the code, if not i would start there
gmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 16:15   #3 (permalink)

When my Grand Cherokee did that, it gave an error code that was a bad sensor (after checking for loose wires and the usual). Rather than spend the money on the sensor I added a bottle of Transmission Conditioner/Sealer. The conditioner is a synthetic ester with high solvency. Cleaned it up and it's been fixed for 5 years.
widman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 16:11   #4 (permalink)

Typically when the OD is flashing it means the trans is upset with a shift or some other perameter. It can also mean that the VSS needs to be cleaned (It's on the rear diff.).

As was stated before you need to get the codes read so you know where to start looking.
FionaThe02PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hoke View Post
I own a 2003, 7.3 liter, Power Stroke Diesel. The overdrive light on the transmission shifting arm will suddenly start flashing and the transmission will down shift. I have taken it to three mechanics and no one has resolved the issue. Any suggestions.
i own a 2002 f250 and was having the same problem and found three wires broken inside the shift column.to remove the ignition turn it to the on position and there is a small hole underneath insert small awl and push a button ignition should pull out then remove screws /good luck !!
SDUTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 19:34   #6 (permalink)

Sorry none of the above . No error codes showed! This time I personally witnessed the test. Where do I go from here.
Rick Hoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel