Truck Sitting in the dealers for 4 days waiting on a part????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 17:05   #1 (permalink)

Truck Sitting in the dealers for 4 days waiting on a part?????

Is it normal to have your f150 sit in the dealers for 4 days now; apparently waiting on a part from Edmonton? Its a control module for fuel system. Ummm, I know that I can get many things sent by the next day. Why is is so different for a ford part coming from the warehouse or are they feeding me a bunch of crap????? We are renting a car that they refered to us from a rental place, its the only reason I can think of that it would make any sense, is if they were making money off the rental somehow?? Or...they are really waiting on the part??!! What do you know/think about this, and how you suggest to handle this either way it may be. Im starting to wonder here????

Thanks for taking the time to help out, feeling a little frustrated!!!!
ginnyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 17:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Truck Sitting in the dealers for 4 days waiting on a part?????

PS, I just wanna mention that I really hate to think this way, but with so much out there these days, I don't think it hurts to throw it out there and see what others think.
ginnyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 18:16   #3 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

Generally a shop will not send parts next day delivery, usually I get parts in about 3 days unless I pay extra, but a control module takes longer cause it is considered a specialty part. When I needed one for my zx3< It took 4 days, and about a half hour to install.

Are you paying, or is insurance? Car places will tend to take there time and jack the hours up if insurance is paying, cause when does insurance really check on it un-less it's like a stupid amount of time and money for something very simple.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

One of my friends has been rebuilding an older Mercedes and replacing parts with all original where possible .If he goes into Merc parts dept in morning , you can virtually g/tee he will have the parts from Germany the next day , no matter how big or small .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel