truck stalls when cold - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 10:38   #1 (permalink)
BootGuy

Garage
truck stalls when cold

I have a 93 F250 5.0 V8. Every time i drive the truck and the engine is cold it wants to stall, if i come to a complete stop i have to put it in park and wait until the traffic is gone so i can go. once the engine warms up its fine and i can stop or reverse and it wont stall. when its cold it stalls and when i try to start it back up i have to crank it for about 30 seconds before it starts. i replaced the fuel filter and it didnt do anything, it needed to be changed but it didnt fix it. i also cleaned out the throttle body, it didnt do anything for when the engine is cold but when it warms up it runs better then it used to. If the truck warms up then i turn it off and go inside when i start the truck again if it cools back down it will stall like it did before. This is an old problem i just haven't gotten around to fixing yet
D-Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 11:34   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: truck stalls when cold

Possibly Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:11   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Run this test and see if it comes up with anything. Ford Fuel Injection How To Run a Self-Test
Old 12-13-2010, 12:41   #4 (permalink)
BootGuy

Garage

Thanks.. the local Advanced auto parts store has free engine scans. i could do that instead of the self check right?
D-Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 13:06   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Some places don't check the OBDI systems. If they do, theat would be great.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel