Ford Forums banner

V-10

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jwko 
#1 ·
Why don't ford release "real performance parts for the V-10??" Or are they too busy sucking money off gullible diesel owners who's ego's are bigger than their trucks????? Right a 7,000 for just a motor???? Get real!!!! I'll stick with my V-10 ,and still pull whatever a diesel pulls, and put that 7, 000 into something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flip: Besides that if Ford wanted a real diesel they would get a inline deisel not some converted V-8!!!!!

#2 ·
I concur, Ford AND GM should have stayed clear of the V8 diesel design. However, Navistar already had a small V8 engine that Ford could utilize and it was kept as a V8 for all iterations. $7K is a hefty premium to pay for an engine that costs more in fuel (by the gallon).

V10 parts are out there. You just have to search. As the V10 is considered the 'work horse' gas engine (as compared to the 4.6/5.4L mills); you might want to check out performance RV websites. Bankspower.com is a good start, and if anything, they can forward you other sites to check out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.