Vapor lock - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2001, 18:08   #1 (permalink)
Mark VII Member

Vapor lock

I own a 79 Ford F150 4X4 351M auto 95000 miles.When ever it gets over 85 out side and I have a warm engine If I let it set for a minute or let it idle for a minute it will hesitate about the time it shifts to second gear.I was not to worried untill it got to 95 and it quit and would not restart for 6 hours. It was too hot for close inspection but, I could not see any gas squirting into the carb when you pump it. So far it has been to 2 mechanics. I have changed every possible spark piece in case it was that. I have also tried every fuel system piece buy replacing them with new. I do not want to list them all because I would be typing till tommorw. I even tried crazy things like building a cold air duct to blow on the fuel pump when your moving. Still have the hesitation and I am afraid to drive it very far. I will be more than happy to listen to any suggestions any body may have no matter if you think it's crazy. I have done all the normal stuff it must be something wierd. PLEASE HELP ME.I would like to go camping agin but am too skerred. None of the local mechanics have any idea. The ford dealer said to carry water with me and when it dies cost to the side of the road and throw the water on the fuel pump and lines. This sounds like I have to hope It doesn't act up in the middel of a busy highway. There has got to be a better way! As I said I will listen to anyone and reply if I already tried that. Do not be shy maybe I missed something easy! I am about ready to go buy a mule.
84 Mark VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel