what to do? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2003, 01:41   #1 (permalink)

what to do?

Posted this in exterior with no luck. Whats the best way of returning black plastic trim stuff back to looking good. I have a black plastic/rubber trim on my vehicle which has faded over the years to a slight grey which looks cr@p. Any suggestions?
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2003, 08:25   #2 (permalink)
good "old" Ford Torque

Re: what to do?

(If your talking about your bumper & side molding) We tried everything ! on this and we could never find anything, that would work ( keep the black-black ,not gray) for over a couple of weeks! so I finally just ended up buying all new molding " it sucked! but what I've heard is that it just drys out" & there is nothing you can do ,Short of "storing out of the sun" and "conditioning every chance you get". And it was a '99, "and if its the metal with thin plastic/rubber over it", I've seen where it peels? on little cars you might have this around your window felts? I think there is a spray bomb fix ,But I've never used it. Sorry for the "news" . Maybe someone else here, can inlighten us both. ,,,,,,,,,,,???????????
old 67 worker' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

i think your truck has almost the same side moulding as mine 89 and if you look at the pics of my truck you can see that i removed the black plastic with a dull putty knife and pliers then polished the remaining aluminum backing.
the shiny chrome look is much nicer than the black plastic anywho.
Old 11-26-2003, 22:42   #4 (permalink)

Yeah its the side molding. Ive heard other people doing that but i dont think i really want to go that route at the moment 351. I'll keep it mind though if all else fails.
Old67. damn, i dont think i want to buy all new mouldings as well because it would probablyt cost me a bundle. But thanks anyways guys
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 07:22   #5 (permalink)

I replaced my bed after I got hit at the fuel island and when I got the new body side molding it came light grey. The shop had to get paint specifically for this - it was in a spray can. I cannot find it here (they gave me the leftover) or I would give you a manufacturer and item number. Any body paint supply house should have it in stock. Once painted the match to the factory original on the cab was perfect.

Dave / Believer45
'95 F250 power stroke 5 spd 4x2, mfg 3/95 in Kansas City, extended cab, long bed, 3:55 rears, open air filter, 285/75x16 Cooper Discoverer ATS tires, Putco master boss running boards, aluminum cap on bed, custom rear bumper (@350 lbs additional weight), scale weight full of fuel, me in it (285#) - steer 3420 drive 3160 gvw 6580, 222,000 miles on my way to a half million.
Believer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 07:24   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89F150
i dont think i want to buy all new mouldings as well because it would probablyt cost me a bundle. But thanks anyways guys
New molding will come in light grey from Ford anyway.

Dave / Believer45
'95 F250 power stroke 5 spd 4x2, mfg 3/95 in Kansas City, extended cab, long bed, 3:55 rears, open air filter, 285/75x16 Cooper Discoverer ATS tires, Putco master boss running boards, aluminum cap on bed, custom rear bumper (@350 lbs additional weight), scale weight full of fuel, me in it (285#) - steer 3420 drive 3160 gvw 6580, 222,000 miles on my way to a half million.
Believer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel