What to look for when buying an F-150... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2003, 18:06   #1 (permalink)
DCSO Explorer, Future Cop

Question What to look for when buying an F-150...

I'm currently looking at F-150s, around 1994ish (Used for light off-road and on-road use, 4wd, 5.0 engine, auto trans, mileage makes little difference, either hubs, tow package no matter). I was wondering what I should look for when looking at 'em. Is there anything in particular I should worry about? Thanks for the help guys.

It will be mine... Oh yes, it will be mine...
Patrol Vehicle Website
PatrolVehicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2003, 19:44   #2 (permalink)

Arrow

How are you going to use it, which engine, transmission?? Does milage make a difference? 2 or 4 wheel drive, automatic or manuel hubs, C-6 or A4OD? Trailer tow package or not?
94460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:17   #3 (permalink)

roll

I am presumming that you will be crawling all through it when you look at one, among many other things, get underneath and check for any oil leaks before and after a test drive. Any leak you discover will probably cost big bucks unless you can take care of it your self. Rear main seals (had been worked hard, oil hot and hardened the seal), transmission, differential, etc. are way less than funny. Had a Throttle Body 302 and discovered that my friends with a port injected 351 could get as good or better milliage, engine did not work as hard. Looked seriously at and inline 6 300, are bullet proof and have lots of torque, just couldn't find one suitable. I also have run a carfax on the trucks I have looked at, they have told me a lot, accurate miliage, wrecked, moved around the country, screwy titles, etc. Where I got my last two trucks there was always a strong possibility that they may have been in a flood, difficult to check for when they clean everything. Drove all over the state to find what I have now. L8R
94460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 14:57   #4 (permalink)
DCSO Explorer, Future Cop

Update: Sorry I haven't gotten back to ya'll in a while. The F-150 search has kind of failed, lol. My parents won't let me sell my Grand Prix yet. Soon though, I think I'll be able to get them to let me.

It will be mine... Oh yes, it will be mine...
Patrol Vehicle Website
PatrolVehicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel