Ford Forums banner

What Makes Your F-150 Special ?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  .:*Caitlynn*:. 
#1 ·
Tell us about your ride ! What make it special to you?

My '94 is an extended cab, short bed in XL trim (basic!) 5.0L Auto and has 68K original miles, and I am the original owner. Mods include beefed up suspension using F250 front coils, and custom built rear leaf stack. Engine breathing has been improved with K&N air & shorty headers mated to MagnaFlow exhaust. And in the rear I switched out the stock gear set for 4.10:1 (reconsidering that move in light of today's gas prices).

It receives a lot of positive comments for looks and throaty exhaust.

#2 · (Edited)
I have an 02 F-150 4wd(sort of) 5.4L with 35k miles. The sort of is that the rear end gears and stock LS carrier was replaced by a 4.56 gear set and a Detroit TruTrac differential. The front gears need to be replaced yet before winter next December. 2 things need to work in Mich. The 4wd and the snoblower. The shocks are Edelbrock and the annoying wheel hop and chattering tires on turns is gone now. The trans has a shift kit in it(with temp guage) and I'm working on the shift timing to get it back to shifting like stock. The gears make it think it's going fast enuff to shift early. I got a Pro Racer Package to go with the Livewire by SCT. All the rotors are now Baer steel with cross drilling and slotting. The pads are from Friction Performance. The intake has the filter element replaced with one from Amsoil and the stock air box is modified to allow more air to enter. The exhaust is Flowmaster and I need to get the wideband O2 sensor mounted to see the F/A ratio during tuning. I also replaced all the tires with BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A and now it doesn't skate around like the Goodyears made it do. :hy:

#3 ·
280,000 miles and still strong as ever. Nothing speical, mostly stock execpt air cleaner & shocks. 97, 3 door super cb, 5.4L, 4X4. Truck runs as good today as whn I picked it up new. I've never replaced any thing that would'nt normally wear out with this many miles. It's never left me stranded, Im going to drive it utill it stops, who knows when that will be. KW

#6 · (Edited)
I get 11.7-12.3 mpg around town. I installed a vacuum guage to drive by along with the load number parameter on the LiveWire. I set the alert to flash when it goes below 10in. of vacuum. The cruise control is engaged as much as possible and I get on it occasionally also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.