Whay f-250 to Buy? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12   #1 (permalink)

Whay f-250 to Buy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help needed...
I have a new 29" ProKat SC(9000lbs +) and my new Yukon hates it. I am looking for a F-250 / f-350 SRW 4x4 to do the job and would like to know from those with experience the best model year for the job. I am currently looking at a 2006, but I am really interested in the year model that gets the best MPG and has had no recall issues. I test drove the new 6.4 and the best I saw on the hwy at 75 was 14 mpg. I'm sure the towing mpg would be frightning. I am not dogging the new motor. It was the nicest truck I have ever drove and I would have paid the 54K for it if the MPG was higher.
I would like to know what to expect from a 2006 or later 4x4 f-250 short bed 6.0:
Empty mpg?
Towing mpg?
I have heard of 6.0 getting 22 on the freeway and 14 towing 10K. This is the truck I want, and would like to hear from anybody that has seen number like that. Thanks in advance!!!
ProKAt29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 06:58   #2 (permalink)
wwb

Re: Whay f-250 to Buy?

I have a 2006 extended cab short box F250 with the 6.0, a 3.73 axle, and the 6-speed manual trans.

In the summer, I get 20+ mpg on the highway (70 mph or thereabouts) and 17 in town. Winter, they both drop about 2 mpg.... partly the #1/#2 fuel blend and partly the thickening of the trans and diff lube at low temps.

I tow a 33' travel trailer that's about 7,000 lb loaded up. The weight isn't as much of a problem as the air resistance... that sucker is TALL. If I keep it around 60 mph, that's fast enough to use 6th gear if I'm not on a grade or fighting a headwind, and it will get 14 - 15 mpg. Step it up to 70, and it drops to 12 mpg.
wwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel