Why I believe In Ford Trucks !!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 19:28   #1 (permalink)

Why I believe In Ford Trucks !!!

Hi Gang...

First time posting here...thought I would share a story with all of you.

At 7:10am on Tuesday, February 12th, I was driving to work in my 1999 F-250 Supercab. It had been raining/sleeting for about 15 minutes. Temp was single digits. I was in a long line of vehicles about 12 deep. We were doing approximately 45mph. No biggie. Just like every other workday.

As I began to drive over a concrete bridge which lies over a creek, I hit some black ice and the back came loose...all of a sudden I was fishtailing. I ended up smashing headlong into the guardrail which took off my front bumper and left it wrapped around one of the guardrail poles. This also took out my front grill and bent the both sides of the frame with the right side frame bent so far that it took out my front wheel.

I pin-balled off the guardrail and spun 360 degrees. My truck was then hurled over the edge and down the embankment taking out brush and several trees in the process. The first couple of trees shattered my two pasenger side windows. The next tree cracked my windshield. I sort of ducked my head in case the nexttree came through the windshield.

At this point I was still holding onto the steering wheel as we careened through the trees until we came to a halt at the base of a tree to large for 'old Silver' to take out.

I calmly turned the ignition off, checked to make sure I was okay and that I had my phones and I walked out of my truck and up the bank. Literally not a scratch on me, not a hair out of place and not a wrinkle in my clothes. My truck didn't fair so well. "Silver" was totaled. She was a great truck and never gave me problems. She didnt deserve to go out like that ...but..she went out swinging!!!! One week later I am back in a Ford truck and feeling safe although a little nostalgc and missing my old '99 "Silver". She took care of me.

My friends always ask me about my love for Ford Trucks. They ask me if I really believe in the sales hype, and the "Built Ford Tough" slogan...

my answer?

"I bet my life on it".

GONZO !!!
Delphi, Indiana
GONZO !!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel