Ford Forums banner

wiring diragram for 87 ford f150 radio

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oldfordtruck 
#1 ·
need help with wiring on my 87 ford f150 radio wiring. was wondering if anybody know what the wires go to or had an pic of it so i fix radio wiring tryin get it work for now to i get an cd player to replace oem radio

#2 ·
Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Green/Yellow
Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow/Black
Radio Ground Wire: Red or Black
Radio Illumination Wire: Blue/Red
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink/Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Pink/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange
I found this online, cant guarantee its accuracy though. If your wire colors are the same I imagine its correct.

Another solution would be to get the adapters that plug and to the factory plugs and wire from there. These are also available at part stores and walmart even has them for some models.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AFTERMARKET-CAR-STEREO-RADIO-WIRING-HARNESS-FORD-1770-WIRE-ADAPTER-PLUG-/281103786885?fits=Year%3A1987%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item4173176385&vxp=mtr

#3 ·
thanks not sure have to check i know different years were different colors i know they make a plug for aftermarket radios its getting the factory wiring strand so i can use one. someone had time with the wiring in this truck i spent a mouth to fix it the most of it i find is a few more i got to fix i think then i b good to go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.