Wrench display on 05 - F250 6.0 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 11:41   #1 (permalink)

frown Wrench display on 05 - F250 6.0

I finally got the wrench display to show back up on my truck. Got it in the shop now and it's going to cost a bunch to replace the tranny cooler and the EGR cooler but what else can I do besides dump it. I'll have it fixed and then watch it closely. This thing is starting to cost me money. I'm thinking that the software upgrades cause more harm than good. My truck performed very good until upgrades were loaded to my truck after my new purchase. Any ideas about my thoughts??????.
xvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 14:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: Wrench display on 05 - F250 6.0

No offence but what the hell are you talking about ?
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:28   #3 (permalink)

My truck has 50K on it. In January I spent $1,200 to have the fuel module and a timing sensor replaced. Today I will be spending another $2,600 for this repair. I wonder what will be next. I have 2 friends that have refused to have ford do updates because they are happy with their rigs and have not had any issues like me. As an I/T professional I know that sometimes 1 fix causes other issues. Now you know why I asked the question. How would you like to spend $3,800 to keep the wheels turning and have nothing to show for it. Maybe I was just unlucky to own a piece of shit. Who knows. There has to be a reason. What's next to fail.
xvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 19:47   #4 (permalink)
canuck

On the bright side, things could be worse, wife leaving you with the kids for instance, then $3800 might not have fixed the problem, but at least it's money she won't get, lol.

Do you maintain it regularly at the dealer, or another shop? If not that might be your problem. You run it until things break, and cost you money instead of someone catching a problem before a part breaks completely and costs you four times the amount it would have in the first place. If the truck tows heavily, gets abused off road, etc, then parts will fail. Buying cheap fuel? Thought so.

Any older vehicle after a few years will start to cost money to keep it on the road. True, some vehicles will cost more than others in terms of wear and tear parts. One year I might luck out and not have any problems with my Dodge for instance, and this year so far I need a new steering rack (so I think at least, it's going in on Tuesday to get checked), and a tune up, coolant change and transmission service.

So it'll cost me about $1500 with labour for everything but for what I use it for, that's not bad. Diesels are more complex, cost more up front, and cost more to maintain. If you bought it for mileage, that's fine, but in the end it's still a diesel. I prefer diesels myself, but I don't need to tow 10K regularly, so it doesn't suit me. I buy my vehicles for a purpose, not to worry about maintenance costs or fuel economy. Spending a few extra bucks ahead of time can save you hundreds down the road.

Best thing is that my vehicles are maintained exquisitely enough that I can get into my Durango, Taurus or G6 and drive to Texas and back from Ontario without worry of mechanical problems. Now, that's not to say nothing will go wrong as all my vehicles are man made and can have problems unexpectedly. I don't mean to rant but I just had to say it, for when someone complains about maintenance costs and they point the finger at everyone but themselves ... well anyway.

Don't feel compelled to buy new parts all the time either. Shop around online at RockAuto Auto Parts for instance, and you can find close to new parts for 1/4 the cost of buying new at dealer prices. You can also contact Ford directly if you consider it to be a problem they should be aware of. I don't think they'll contact you about it as the truck is 5 years old, perhaps 6, depending if it was made in late '04.

If I had to drop $4K on my Durango, when it's only worth $4K, I might consider trading it in, but for now, it works great for what I need it for.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel