Ford SVT Lightning chip question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford SVT Lightning Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford SVT Lightning Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford SVT Lightning.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 22:54   #1 (permalink)

Ford SVT Lightning chip question

I bought a 2001 Lightning last week, I'm still learning this truck so I need some help. I was told that it has a pulley upgrade as the only mod. The boost gauge jumps very quickly to or past 10. I have feeling that this is not a good thing. How do I tell if the pulleys were changed? And ho aggresive of a change. Also, I have read about performance chip upgrades, how do I find out if and what type of chip was installed. I realize these are dumb questions to most of you but I am playing catch up since this is 1st Ford since my '02 Mustang GT. I love the truck btw, it really moves.
Lapaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009, 22:31   #2 (permalink)
SC= smoked chevy

Re: Ford SVT Lightning chip question

how come nobody replies to post on this site! WTF? anyways the pulley mod is safe just don't drive it too hard every day like that. due oil changes every 3,000 miles and the higher the mileage, go higher the thickness of oil too. and always, always fill it up with the highest octane pump gas rating, 91-93

"horse power gets you there, torque keeps you there"
Grant218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 22:24   #3 (permalink)
SC= smoked chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_jj View Post
Byline: BOB GRITZINGER
Saleen isn't the only company to leap into the void left by Ford's Special Vehicle Team not producing an SVT Lightning pickup based on the current F-150. Three others have hot F-150 irons in the fire, all based on the supercharged 5.4-liter V8 formula.
* The Roush Nitemare F-150 is intended to be just that-a bad dream-for supercharger-challenged truck owners. Roush will build 100 copies, featuring the company's own Roushcharger producing 445 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque from the three-valve 5.4-liter V8. A Ford limited-slip 3.73 rear axle handles the power, while Roush technicians have pushed the speed limiter to 105 mph.
True to its Ford roots, the Nitemare will be offered exclusively in black for the 2007 model, with an array of Roush interior appointments. Options are limited to rear wing, hood scoop, locking lug nuts and GPS system.
Available only in a regular cab 4x2, the 2007 Roush Nitemare is priced at $41,750 and is on sale now through Ford dealers.
what does that have to do with a pulley set up? wrong post perhaps?

"horse power gets you there, torque keeps you there"
Grant218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 13:29   #4 (permalink)
South Loop Gangsta

easy way to confirm if the pully is stock is too look at it from underneath. if it's big and bulky and not too shiny or unacctractive it's probably stock. for everday driving go with the 4 pound pully and a tune...i aint advertising but read up at lightningrodder.com
87vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford SVT Lightning Forum