Ford V8 Drivers Star on Sunrise
Ford V8 Supercar stars Marcos Ambrose (Pirtek Racing) and Russell Ingall (Caltex Havoline Racing) have stopped in at ‘Breakfast Central’ on their way to the Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 at Bathurst.
The Stone Brothers Racing duo joined hosts Melissa Doyle and David Koch at the Seven Network’s Sunrise program at Sydney’s Martin Place.
Along with the drivers were their machines, in their own right creating plenty of attention for workers heading to the office.
Ambrose recently won the Betta Electrical Sandown 500, with Ingall rounding out a 1-2 for the Ford team.
The team heads to Bathurst for this weekend’s Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 full of confidence. Ambrose is in the middle of a three-race winning streak that has seen him take the lead in the championship chase.
Ingall is a two-time Bathurst winner and has plans to score his first win at Mount Panorama aboard a Ford.
For Melissa Doyle the chance to talk with the V8 drivers was a walk down memory lane. The Sunrise host lived in Bathurst while studying journalism at Charles Sturt University.
Teams will descend on Bathurst over the next 24 hours, ahead of opening practice on Thursday.
V8 Supercar details for Bathurst
Top 10 Shootout – Saturday 9 October – 3.40pm
Race (161 laps – 1000.293km) – Sunday 10 October 10am
Circuit: Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales
Qualifying – Murphy 2:07.9503 (2)
Shootout – Murphy 2:06.8954 (2003)
Race – Murphy 2:08.6726 (2003)
Estimated top speed: 295km/h – Conrod Straight
Estimated average speed: 135 km/h
FORD V8 SUPERCAR LINE-UP
1. Marcos Ambrose (Tas) / Greg Ritter (Vic) – Pirtek Racing
5. Alain Menu (Swi) / Adam Macrow (Vic) – Ford Credit / Ford Performance Racing
6. Craig Lowndes (Vic) /Glenn Seton (NSW) – CAT / Ford Performance Racing
9. Russell Ingall (SA) / Cameron McLean (Qld) – Caltex Havoline Racing
10. Jason Bargwanna (NSW) / Mark Winterbottom (NSW) – Orrcon Steel Racing
20. Mark Larkham (NSW) / Matt Halliday (NZ) – Orrcon Steel Racing
12. Andrew Jones (NSW) / John Cleland (GB) – OzEmail Racing
21. Brad Jones (NSW) / John Bowe (Tas) – OzEmail Racing
17. Steven Johnson (Qld) / Warren Luff (NSW) – Shell Helix Racing
18. Owen Kelly (Tas) / David Brabham (GB) – Shell Helix Racing
23. Davis Besnard (NSW) / Alex Yoong (Mal) – WPS Racing
48. John McIntyre (NZ) / Neil McFadyen (NSW) - WPS Racing
31. Steve Ellery (Qld) / Luke Youlden (Vic) – Super Cheap Auto Racing
88. Paul Radisich (NZ) / Max Wilson (Bra) – Team Betta Electrical
888. Yvan Muller (Fra) / Dean Canto (NSW) – Team Betta Electrical
TOP-10 CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER 9 OF 13 ROUNDS
1. Marcos Ambrose - Pirtek Racing - Ford Falcon BA 1487pts
2. Jason Bright / Paul Weel – PWR – Holden 1464pts
3. Steven Richards – Castrol Perkins Motorsport – Holden 1397pts
4. Rick Kelly – KMart Racing – Holden 1373pts
5. Russell Ingall – Caltex Havoline Racing – Ford Falcon BA 1347pts
6. Greg Murphy – KMart Racing – Holden 1284pts
7. Todd Kelly – Holden Race Team – Holden 1163pts
8. Garth Tander – Valvoline Racing – Holden 1155pts
9. John Bowe – OzEmail Racing – Ford Falcon BA 1004pts
10. Jason Bargwanna – Orrcon Steel Racing – Ford Falcon BA 962pts