Brake Problem-Mark vii-Anyone Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-11-04, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Brake Problem-Mark vii-Anyone Help

I have the following Break Problem....

When I start my car in the morning , and only if it is cold the brake light comes on. After I would say 10 minutes teh light gos off and the brakes work fine.

But for the first ten or so minutes the brakes do not work aswell as they normally do i.e they are weak and you have to stand on them to make the car stop.

When you hit the brakes when the car has warmed up and is OK you hear a small sound like a pump or switch making contact , when the car is cold and has brake light on you cannot hear the pump sound when you hit the brakes.

Anyone got any ideas I have bleed the system.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-14-04, 11:06 PM
Re: Brake Problem-Mark vii-Anyone Help

try replacing the brake fluid. It can get old.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Lincoln
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts