Navigator Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Lincoln
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35   #1 (permalink)

confused Navigator Problems

I usually lease a car, but this time around I decided to buy the car when the lease was over. Now I own a Lincoln Navigator 2009. After 50000 miles the car started to have major problems. Recent problems are running board closure on passenger side ( I already replaced the motor on driver side), tail gate closure, high pitch whistle noise when back up, and now extreme powertrain surges both at stop and drive.
I have taken the car to the dealer for service for problems not including the surge and nothing was fixed. All I heard were excuses.Today I took the car for the service again and the supervisor of the shop was riding with me to see if he can identify the problems. Surge didn't happen while he was driving, and he said the whistle is normal occurrence in Ford / Lincoln cars due to brake pad materials. I informed him that when pulling out of the garage, the whistle is so load that can wake up the neighbors. He said we don't make the components and they are supplied to us by Ford. I left the car for overnight inspection and although I have the extended warranty, they didn't offered me a loaner car. Hope they can at least fix the problems.
ArmandAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 11:34   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Navigator Problems

Break pads shouldn't whistle that bad on any car , never mind Ford , unless there is something wrong .Dont let him fob you off with stupid excuses .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Lincoln

Related Reading: Navigator Problems