Originally Posted by samp157
I had new rotors and pads put on a few months ago and after awhile the left side started to make a weird sound . It was not a scraping sound. It is hard to describe the sound but it is something like an off and on moaning sound. The rotors and pads were changed again and were quiet for a couple days and now the same sound is back again. It is very annoying and sounds like crap. Has anybody else had this problem and what to do?
Hello and good day:
May I ask a couple of things???....
1. Where did you take your car to have these repairs done??
2. Do you know just what type of Brake Pads you had installed....Metal type or a Ceramic type??
3. Are you sure they put new Rotors on....and .... not Resurface (Mic) the Rotor???...or better Yet...not even resurface them
4. Does the Sound appear to be a Whining type??
5. Does it only occurs when you press the Brake down, or all of the time???
There can be a number of things causing this...Years ago I had 3rd rate Brake repair shop do my front brakes on one of my Escorts...(it was in the middle of winter) and I didn't won't to do them myself.
They charged me also for new Rotors/Pads, and Brake Hose...come to find out that they Resurface one Rotor...but not the other...witch was Warped...they did put new Ceramic Pads on, but with the Warped Rotor it caused a serious Whinning....and the Hose...lol the merely put Black Tape around it...(LIKE I WOULDN'T NOTICE).
So please get back to us, and keep us advise......6