Re: '94 Escort Coupe - Removing Hatch Window (and other trim)
1. Remove the rear hi-mount lamp.
2. Remove the liftgate door trim panel.
3. Disconnect the heated back window electrical connector.
4. Remove the seaming welt.
TO PREVENT GLASS SPLINTERS FROM ENTERING EYES OR CUTTING HANDS, WEAR SAFETY GLASSES AND HEAVY GLOVES WHEN CUTTING GLASS FROM THE VEHICLE.
Lubricate the sealant where it meets the glass with glass cleaner or equivalent to aid the equalizer when cutting the sealant.
5. Use Rotunda Equalizer Glass Cutting Tool 163-00001 to cut the sealant at
the top, working around either top corner and down to the bottom corner.
Placing small styrofoam blocks between the back window glass and the body once the seal is broken aids in cutting the sealant at the bottom of the back window glass.
6. Lower the liftgate and continue to cut the sealant along the bottom of the back window glass.
7. Use a suitable tool to remove all of the old sealant from the pinch weld of the vehicle.
8. If the same back window glass is to be installed, remove all the old sealant from the back window glass.