Found out two of the three
OK, so after draining the coolant, replacing the thermostat and refilling the radiator i finally got a code I could work with. P0117. I figured the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor was out of wack. I replaced it and the cooling fan works now along with the temperature gauge.
Part two, I pulled the oil pan and found that the oil pickup tube had sludge all over it. Inspecting the filter it was almost completely clogged, with only a dime sized clean spot. Pulled that, completely cleaned the screen, cleaned the oil pan, put a new silicon bead gasket on it and I'm waiting for it to dry as we speak. I'm thinking that will fix the problem.