Originally Posted by zeppelinrocks
Yes this is the first escort ive owned, i got it because i couldn't afford 500 dollars a month gas in my truck anymore.
And the cooling fan doesn't come on until the temp gauge almost goes to red.
The control box i was talking about is the heater controls where you select the temperature and select which vent you want the air to come out of.
And about the vents the air comes out of i figured out it was the cable linkage but i don't know how to adjust it properly my chilton manual says that there is a cable key? that i need to use to adjust it properly. If its any help at all i will be able to get a picture of where the cable connects to in the next few days.
Jwko was right how I keep the ac on to keep the temp down, but the car recently had the waterpump and radiator replaced so i was thinking it could be some kind of relay or sensor? But i will replace the thermostat this weekend.
Ok Please change out the Thermostat first....and lets us know how this works..
As far as the Control Box....I have never Heard of a Cable Key to Adjust the Cam alignment.
The following comes from one of my Haynes Manuals:
12-Heater control cables (1991 to 1996) check and adjustment
1. Move the control lever all the way from the left to right.
2. If the control lever stops before the end and bounces back, the cables are out of adjustment.
3. If you haven't already done so remove the glove compartment
4. Move the Recirc/Fresh Air lever to the Fresh Position ( all the to the right )
5. Align the cam with its alignment hole in the heater case
6. Detach the cable from its retaining clip, then reattach it.
7. place the temperature lever in the Cold position, then adjust the temperature cable as described in steps 5 and 6
8. Place the mode select lever in the Defrost position, then adjust the temperature cable as described in steps 5 and 6.
I hope this helps....lol if not just give me a Kick in the Rear....lol