07 Ford 500 Spark Plug Change - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 15:59   #1 (permalink)

07 Ford 500 Spark Plug Change

The car has 99000 on it so according to manual, its due for a spark plug change. Yep, I know it isn't an easy job. I don't have time to do it and weather is closing in on me. Called Pep Boys. (yeah, yeah, I know-but this particular branch has been good to me-Besides, its all about the man who has their hands on the work.) Their price is $359 plus some tax on the parts. Ooooww. But no sense in try to go "on the cheap" as it is critical work (intake manifold) to get to the plugs......unless someone knows a way to get to them otherwise.
XPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 16:08   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 07 Ford 500 Spark Plug Change

Here's a past post that might be of interest Spark Plug Replace
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 16:10   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

That price isn't terrible. I would recommend motorcraft plugs,and make sure they replace the intake o-rings. Other wise they should be fine to do the job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 18:23   #4 (permalink)

Funny, I searched the 500 forum for "spark plug" and didn't come up with a hit. ANYHOW, I knew the intake mainifold has to be partially removed. I didn't think the $359 price was out of line either (but it still hurts!). They said they would use Motordraft plugs and replace the intake manifold gaskets. As I said, this shop has always done right by me.

Is it 'illegal' to post a web link on here that provides the Ford workshop manual instructions and pictures? I found it on a web surf. If it is ok, I can post in the spark plug replace thread.
Old 10-28-2013, 18:27   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Go ahead and post it
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 16:21   #6 (permalink)

Instructions and illustrations

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/2msde...-ford-500.html
Old 11-17-2013, 16:17   #7 (permalink)

I had PepBoys do the spark plug replace. They quoted me $359 and I signed for $359 but the bill came to $288. I didn't ask why. They put the Motorcraft OEM plugs in and that's all that mattered to me. I think the $359 price maybe included a fuel injector cleaning. Maybe they should have asked if I wanted to do that "while they were in there". I would have gone for it. Oh well, next time....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego