1 touch up and down button not working on window - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 23:03   #1 (permalink)

1 touch up and down button not working on window

I have a 2009 Ford Taurus X SEL AWD and the drivers side window one touch up and down button does not work. The window does work if you hold the button down but only the one touch feature does not work. Its been to ford now 3 times and they are now telling me they don't know what to do. They have replaced the switch and re initialized the system and still the window stops working after 1 day of being fixed. Apparently the dealership is in talks with Ford motors to see what is going on as there is no other Ford Vehicle that has had this problem. Does anyone else recommend anything that could help?
Thanks.
Derek
derek234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 21:19   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 1 touch up and down button not working on window

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek234 View Post
I have a 2009 Ford Taurus X SEL AWD and the drivers side window one touch up and down button does not work. The window does work if you hold the button down but only the one touch feature does not work. Its been to ford now 3 times and they are now telling me they don't know what to do. They have replaced the switch and re initialized the system and still the window stops working after 1 day of being fixed. Apparently the dealership is in talks with Ford motors to see what is going on as there is no other Ford Vehicle that has had this problem. Does anyone else recommend anything that could help?
Thanks.
Derek
AllData Does not have a wiring diagram or operating description for a 2009, but they do have a wiring diagram for 2008. Looks like the LF power window has a module in it that controls the auto/express UP/Down. It has direct power, accessory power and ground, then 3 circuits from the master switch, up, down, and auto. They need to check out the switch circuits, and if they check out, then you most likely have a bad window motor/module.

tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1 touch up and down button not working on window

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek234 View Post
Thanks.
Derek
For what it might be worth, I had the same problem with my 93 Taurus. After buying a new regulator motor, I found that the problem was in the one touch module. I then just removed the module and placed a jumper connecting the two wires that just bypassed the module and use it without the one touch just like all the other windows. Who needs that one touch operation anyway?
frizbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 20:20   #4 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: 1 touch up and down button not working on window

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizbee View Post
For what it might be worth, I had the same problem with my 93 Taurus. After buying a new regulator motor, I found that the problem was in the one touch module. I then just removed the module and placed a jumper connecting the two wires that just bypassed the module and use it without the one touch just like all the other windows. Who needs that one touch operation anyway?
93 Taurus is way different than 2009. Your suggestion doesn't apply to original poster. And once you have an extra convenience, you can't live without it.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego