2005 Ford Five Hundred Water Intrusion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 08:20   #1 (permalink)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Water Intrusion

My first time writing to the Forum. For those of you out there with a Ford 500, Lincoln, or Freestyle beware that the firewall on these auto's are leaking and costing consumers millions. We finally found the problem after water gathering in the drivers side floor board. We got the water drained out of the doors, which is another story (door lock covers installed to negate the collection of water in the doors). But this by far was the most expensive. I have read many threads on the forums site with people having the same problem, some were remedied, some are still on going. Dealerships are uneducated, or seem to be, or we might have gotten in under warranty, but it did not work out that way. Ford company-whom you could write to and complain does nothing except encourage you to take your car to the dealership to get it resolved, they seem to be giving you a claim, case number and help, but they do not. My goal is to save someone heart ache we've had this Christmas. Oh, My brother worked for a Ford dealership way back in 1973 he said he was out on the lot fixing leaks on new cars all the time. He is 62 now held in there as a Ford man until about 5 years ago, couldn't aFORD to keep them so moved to a more reliable maker. Ford has response emails that are pre-typed, They use the words Sincerely, and Regret a lot. Well I Sincerely regret our decision to buy this vehicle from Ford. A little more info on the Water Intrusion thru the firewall- There were two spots I have photo's taken by a non-dealership repair person that will seal both for me ($1600) later, we may stay dry. Be careful of mold and mildew it may make you sick.
MB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego