2005 Montego, FWD, CVT, 79000 miles Shift-engine surge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 09:34   #1 (permalink)

2005 Montego, FWD, CVT, 79000 miles Shift-engine surge

Hi guys, new to this forum. Wife drives a 2005 montego, w/cvt xmission, 79k miles, recent xmission flush and refill(march of this year). When you put it into drive or reverse there is a slight hesitation, then a surge from the engine-say just above 1k rpm then it settles down. It will do this in either drive or reverse. It is scary to my wife, because the sensation is that the car is going to take off. I have not yet brought it in for repair to a ford dealer(althought I just spent 1k on A/C repair). Of course what gets me the most is I had an extended ford warranty until 75k, then these things happen. Heres my theory....the battery died about 3 months ago, and it seems that since then, this problem has shown up. Is it possible that a sensor is damaged, some kind of speed sensor whether engine or xmission?? Thanks for the help in advance
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 10:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Montego, FWD, CVT, 79000 miles Shift-engine surge

I think I found my problem. There was a post in the transmission category that I read(thanks by the way) about the motor mount. Mine is broke, the rubber is all cracked and when you put the car in gear, the motor moves a lot. One thing, is there any other thing I should look at to, lower mounts ect?? thanks
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego