2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-10, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob.

As the title shows, I am having problems with my cd player on my newley bought used five hundred (bought it from a dealership). When I put in a cd into the player, the screen displays "Track 1", and my disc is ejected, but the screen still shows "track 1", then a couple of seconds later, the screen displays "bad disc". I have tried with both "real cds'" and burned cds'. Any ideas?

speedynico is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-10, 07:40 PM
Registered User
 
tbird100636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 34
Posts: 1,835
cool Re: 2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedynico View Post
As the title shows, I am having problems with my cd player on my newley bought used five hundred (bought it from a dealership). When I put in a cd into the player, the screen displays "Track 1", and my disc is ejected, but the screen still shows "track 1", then a couple of seconds later, the screen displays "bad disc". I have tried with both "real cds'" and burned cds'. Any ideas?
Well if your using regular music CD and it does the same thing as recordables, try a CD cleaner disc. If it still doesn't work, you need a radio.

Master ASE Certified L1 Chrysler Technician- still a Ford fan at heart.
1964 Thunderbird Hardtop- Chantily Beige- 390 FE 4V V8-Uncle's Car
1966 Thunderbird Convertible- Red- 390 FE 4V V8- Uncle's other car- waiting for paint and body work!!!
tbird100636 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-10, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Re: 2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird100636 View Post
Well if your using regular music CD and it does the same thing as recordables, try a CD cleaner disc. If it still doesn't work, you need a radio.
Clean the the music cd? or clean the radio's cd player? Also if it doesn't work, are you saying that I would have to get a new radio?
speedynico is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-10, 09:25 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,753
Re: 2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob.

He means get a CD lens cleaner. Its a CD with rows of fine brushes built onto the CD itself. You put it in and follow audio instructions. You can get one at Walmart, Bestbuy, Target ect.
jwko is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Re: 2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post
He means get a CD lens cleaner. Its a CD with rows of fine brushes built onto the CD itself. You put it in and follow audio instructions. You can get one at Walmart, Bestbuy, Target ect.
ok, thnx
speedynico is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Re: 2007 Five Hundred SEL cd prob.

WEll, I bought a lens cleaner cd and it wont play it, it just ejects the cd back out.
speedynico is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome