Ford Forums banner

2008 Taurus Limited- How to add Sync?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shotgunpet 
#1 ·
Hi to all, I just purchased a 2008 Taurus Limted without Sync. I woud like to add the Sync system to the car. Does anyone know if the 2009 aftermarket Sync system sold by the dealer will fit a 2008?

#2 ·
The dealer should be able to fit a 2008 Sync system to your vehicle. Parts are out there as the vehicle isn't old by any means. Since it's under warranty Ford will have to do the install and I don't think it'll be cheap, as Sync came from the factory installed as an option.

#3 ·
Thank you for the answer i have been looking for this...now...let me add to the previous poster.

My wife and I just recently bought a 2008 Taurus without sync...but with navigation...so the Phone button and voice command and such are already there...all that is already in the car..the only thing missing is the USB as far as visible hardware..do you think this would be expensive to have them add to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.