Disable Seat Belt Chime - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 05:31   #1 (permalink)

Disable Seat Belt Chime

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime on a Five Hundred?
bobm500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 09:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Disable Seat Belt Chime

Why would you wan't to? It's a seat belt to keep you safe! Only idiots don't wear thier seatbelts!

Ronald Reagan "War has never started because the United States was too strong!" God bless our missiles, and may they forever hit their targets with precision!
E.I.B. Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 13:27   #3 (permalink)
Unregistered

are you kidding me? How about, if you know the answer respond, if not, shut the **** up.
Old 02-05-2006, 15:28   #4 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm500
This is in the manual of Some Ford Crown Victoria's up north here in Canada.
-Turn car keys to power up but not start the car.
-Wait till the seatbelt light goes out (about 8-10 seconds)
-Put the seat belt buckle on and off 3 times
-Turn your park lights on once
-Put your buckle on and off 7-10 times till the seatbelt light flashes rapidly
-Once the seatbelt light stops flashing
-Put the seatbelt on
-Start up your vehicle

This disables the programing on the computer on board. To turn it back on to chime. Repeat these steps.
Note this is for a Crown Victoria pre 2004. I do not know about 500's
Old 04-15-2006, 10:12   #5 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

maybe it works like how you clear those old check engine lights, with a scruedriver. ...that light never came on again!
Old 07-11-2007, 22:57   #6 (permalink)
Soon to be millionaire...

I just picked my 500 up today. second thing I did was disable that ANNOYING Chime! The crown vic's was close.

-Turn car keys to power on but not start the car.
-Wait till the seatbelt light goes out (about 30 seconds-a minute)
-Put the seat belt buckle on and off 9 times ending with the buckle UN buckled.
-wait for the seat belt light to come on and then buckle and unbuckle one more time.
-the seatbelt light should blink a few times and you are finished!

You can do this for the driver and passenger seat but only one at a time.
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 20:59   #7 (permalink)
Soon to be millionaire...

WOW, there is no edit feature in this forum? (oops, I can edit this post but not my previous one?)

Anyway, I was just going to add that opinions vary on seatbelts. You should be cautious as to who you call an idiot based on your opinion.

I for one do not wear it all the time, but I do wear it most of the time. If motorcyclists (which I am one as well) can ride without a helmet, why should the government regulate people in cars with airbags galore, wear a seatbelt???

-short story. A very good friend of mine was in an accident without his seatbelt, he was thrown from the drivers seat to the passengers seat during the crash. If he had his seatbelt on he would have been secured in his seat and not have been thrown....However, the whole drivers side of the car was CRUSHED IN and he probably would be dead right now instead of carrying out his duties as a Doctor running an Emergency room. To this day, he will not wear a seatbelt...which is his decision. I guess he is an idiot?

LOL
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:30   #8 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Disable Seat Belt Chime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz
WOW, there is no edit feature in this forum? (oops, I can edit this post but not my previous one?)

Anyway, I was just going to add that opinions vary on seatbelts. You should be cautious as to who you call an idiot based on your opinion.

I for one do not wear it all the time, but I do wear it most of the time. If motorcyclists (which I am one as well) can ride without a helmet, why should the government regulate people in cars with airbags galore, wear a seatbelt???

-short story. A very good friend of mine was in an accident without his seatbelt, he was thrown from the drivers seat to the passengers seat during the crash. If he had his seatbelt on he would have been secured in his seat and not have been thrown....However, the whole drivers side of the car was CRUSHED IN and he probably would be dead right now instead of carrying out his duties as a Doctor running an Emergency room. To this day, he will not wear a seatbelt...which is his decision. I guess he is an idiot?

LOL
Because the seatbelt actually properly positions you to hit the air bag in the center and when it is fully inflated, not while it is inflating. Without the seatbelt on, you can actually be thrown at the airbag at a faster rate, resulting in the airbag smacking you in the head rather than cushioning it, and hitting it off center possibly deflecting you head into the side glass or the door belt. Your friend also could have been more seriously hurt being thrown around in the car. You can edit posts, but only for a half an hour after the original post.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33   #9 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

mad Re: Disable Seat Belt Chime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm500
Yes I do, BUCKLE YOUR DAMN SEATBELT!!!
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:09   #10 (permalink)

Does this technique work on all Fords, or just the 500?

And what makes some of you think that those of us who want to disable it don't wear our seat belts? I for one do, but when I get out of my motor home (E450 Chassis) with the engine running, the seat belt alarm keeps gonging even though the vehicle is in park. This drives my passengers crazy having to listen to that stupid thing. Don't assume the reasons for why people ask some of these questions.
ericgrueninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego