Ford Forums banner

Key Fob seat and mirror pre-sets

11K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rog64 
#1 ·
I just bought an 05 500. Discovered when I use the key fob the driver seat goes all the way back and the passenger mirror adjusts way down. Very annoying. Also the pre-sets on the driver door do not seem to function when I try to set them according to the manual. I can live with the pre-sets not working, but really need the seat and mirror to stay put. Thanks for any advice. I tried searching but did not come up with much.

#3 ·
I've tried the procedure to set the presets using the buttons on the door panel. They do not seem to work at all. Neither 1 or 2. I also tried to reprogram the key fob by cycling the ignition switch 8 times and pressing any button on the remote. Does not seem to have any impact. I only have one key and one remote for the car and the dealer (Chrysler) did not know the factory code for the key pad entry. I plan to get it off the fuse panel under the dash. I'm willing to get another key and remote but am not sure the problem is with the remote I have or if the car itself is messed up. Like I said, I cannot even get it to remember seat pre-sets from the button on the door panel. Thanks for any help. Is there a way to reset all this stuff to just wipe out all memory pre-sets. Pull the battery cable? I am willing to not have the presets, I just want to be able to use the remote and the seat stay where it is. Everytime I unlock the door the seat goes all the way back. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.