keyless entry code location 2007 montego - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 21:29   #1 (permalink)

keyless entry code location 2007 montego

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new to me Montego with 40k mile. I does not have the id card with it. Can someone send me pictures of the area to find the code? I understand it is on the control module above the fuse box. It does not appear to be there useless i have to unmount it from the mounting bracket. A couple of pictures would be great!! Thanks. Charly@tampabay.rr.com
charly233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 09:05   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: keyless entry code location 2007 montego

Does this help / apply to your car ?

Post subject: Re: Keyless Entry door code??Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Posts: 1 I recently bought a 500 and noone knew the code either. The MODULE they are refering to is under the steering wheel under the fuse box. There are 3 or 4 hex screws under there you must remove. Remove the box and you will see a small sticker on the back side with a five digit number that will be your keyless door entry code.

kpatrick Post subject: Re: Keyless Entry door code??Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Posts: 1 I found the code! It is on the backside of the computer module which is under the steering wheel, the fuse panel is part of the module. Take the three screws off of the panel under the steering wheel, pull the panel off, then remove the 3-10mm nuts to remove the module (2 on top, 1 on bottom). Pull the module back and you will see a 5 digit code (among other things) the 5 digit code is the code for the doors. You have to remove the module to see the code, i tried using a small camera to find it without removing it and 2 of the digit where blocked from view. And it was easier to just remove the module. You dont have to actually remove it just twist it enough to see the code. 3 screws and 3 nuts, thats all. By the way i searched internet sites for months to find this information. Most people for some reason think they are helping by giving you their opinions or what they hear. This is actual information. This is the location, because I actually found it. Cheers!
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 16:39   #3 (permalink)

I read that info before. I have two labels on top the module toward the parking brake. I cannot read them and have tried to take pictures with a camera to read it. Can I unplug the module toward the firewall without damaging anything? This would help with a mirror or camera to read either labels. thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM0426.jpg (42.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-02-2011, 21:05   #4 (permalink)

Finally after several tries got the picture of the lower label with Ford Motor on it. The number was slightly larger than the rest and had not identity. All is Great!! Thanks for your help and the other posters as well.
Old 10-02-2011, 21:24   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Glad you found it. Thanks for the update.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego