Looking for some Taurus X info please - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 18:51   #1 (permalink)

Looking for some Taurus X info please

Hi all. My name is Brian. I've been driving Fords all my life from pickups through Mustangs (miss my old mustang :( ) and of course, minivan, and now our 2009 Taurus X.

First off, I frickin love this car. Had to get that out there.

We've had 3 Taurus SEL's over the past 10 years, and have loved the cars. This Taurus X was the next natural step in our growing family.

So, on to my questions. I am a Paramedic, my wife is a nurse. so we have a need to be able to get where we work, without question. I am looking for an aftermarket metal bumper/skid plate to protect the front lower part of my Taurus X. Our issue are the snowdrifts that hammer the front end of the car in our cold winter climate. The plastic will often break. I am looking for one of those moulded metal round bars that come up over the front of the bumper and rise in front of the grill between the headlights. Much like cop cars, but not as tall.

I hope someone knows what I mean.

My second question is that I am looking to instal a tow hitch on the back for a light tandom consession trailer. The kind you see at town fairs and outdoor catering events. It is a 16 foot trailer with a tandom axle. Full braking abilities and has the weight very evenly spread across the trailer.

The Taurus X is an AWD unit with the 3.5 liter engine in it (I think that is the right one). Our countryside is not too hilly, and mostly prairie land. So this is going down flat open roads. It is a year round business, so would travel in the winter as well as the summer.

Is this something that the Taurus X can handle, or should I be looking at another vehicle for this? I would love an F-150 for the job, but financially, that won't happen right away.

i would love to hear from you all. This sure seems like the right place to find out.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Brian_MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 09:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Looking for some Taurus X info please

Hello and good day Brian:

I would go with the truck F-150...Plenty of towing power for your Trailer, and Hight enough to get through that snow.
Old 03-25-2011, 13:30   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, pretty much figured this would be the case, however, since I got it, I was curious of what it is actually capable of.

Thanks much.
Old 03-25-2011, 16:04   #4 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

I had a 91 F-150 and used it for stump pulling, it was my works horse. never went through a trans or clutch, I could only imagine that the newer one's are even better.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 19:25   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, I've owned a few F-150's. My favorite was my 6 Cylinder Reg Cab with 4 spee tranny and Posi Track.

Added snow tires in the winter and a bit of weight, and I never got stuck. It was the best.

That 6 banger out performed my 302 I had by far. I just couldn't believe the difference between the trucks, they were night & day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego