Question about 6-CD changer in '05 Five Hundred - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 12:02   #1 (permalink)

Malfunctionng 6-CD changer in '05 Five Hundred or user error?

For owners here of the '05 (and maybe '06/'07 models) Five Hundred, I test-drove one last weekend, a Limited with the 6-disc changer. I absolutely fell in love with the car but the stereo in a vehicle is pretty important to me. I tried the CD player and when I attempted to put a disc in, at first it took it in, then the player rejected the CD and I got the message "Please select a tray" (or whatever that message says, that may not the exact message). So, I pressed one of the tray buttons, and tried to insert the cd, same thing happened - cd rejected again. Then, I tried it a third time and it took the disc in and I was able to play it. Is this a malfunctioning player or am I not doing something correctly? I also tried another 500 that had the single disc and had no problems with it. I'm not sure the Limited I'm considering purchasing has a manual with it or not so I'm wondering if there are online instructions for operation of the changer?

Btw, new member here, thanks in advance for any help with this.

Update: I found & downloaded the manual to this vehicle that includes the instructions for operating the CD player/changer, so I think I'm good. It appears from reading the instructions that it was "user error"
RickH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego