vibration in 2008 Taurus - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 21:39   #1 (permalink)

vibration in 2008 Taurus

Hello - I am new to the boards. I would like to pick everyone's brains for some ideas to some problems I am having.

I posted in the sticky at the top of the page about the hard shifting/banging tranny at low speeds. Any solutions to this?

The biggest problem I am having is a vibration that seems to be coming from the front end of the car. Really notice it from 40-70 mph. Had the tires balanced and the car alinged and that did not fix it. Alingment shop told me the rear camber was off, but they could not adjust it. Is it adjustable?

So now to the vibration. What could this be. I pulled the car up on the stands after I just got back from a trip. Everything looks find. Nothing looks bent, etc. However, on the right front undercarriage there is some black looking oil. I can not tell where it is coming from as it is not real fresh. Looks baked on from the heat. Have no idea where it is coming from.

Any suggestions? I am going to the dealer on Monday but would like to go with some idea of what could be wrong. The car has 26,000 miles on it.
tcox1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 15:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: vibration in 2008 Taurus

Update to my car problems:

My tranny was shifting hard at low speed (see sticky above). Ford dealer updated something via computer and said the probelm should be fixed.

As far as the slight vibration, still there and as far as I know will always be there. Can't diagnose it as anything.

The rear camber is off on both right and left sides. NOTHING Ford can do for this. The 2008 Ford Taurus does not have an adjustable rear camber. They told me I was out of luck. This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Can't adjust the rear camber, that is a first for me, but I am glad to know my tires will wear prematurely. I have 28,000 miles on the car now. I assure you it will be traded before it hits 36,000 miles when the bumper-to-bumber warranty is out. I will just take the beating at trade in rather than keep this thing and pay for it even more down the road. By reading this forum and other people's problems lord only knows what other problems I will have if I keep this car.

Any of you out there considering the '08 Taurus as your next car I would be very leary.
tcox1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego