Winter Tires and Rims - TPMS sensors?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego Forum for the discussion of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, 2008+ models Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39   #1 (permalink)

Winter Tires and Rims - TPMS sensors??

I am looking to get a set of winter tires for our 2008 Taurus Limited FWD.

It has stock 18" rims so I was thinking of getting 17" rims along withs - 17x7.5 215/60 17

I would need to get a TPMS sensor as well but I am new to all this. I believe the stock system has a band and sensor mounted inside I think? I have noticed their are OEM sensors with the valve that may be a simpler option. Is this true?

VDO valve sensor as an option?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1441224&parttype=12036&a=Search%2Bfor%2BNSA&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[ID]=fcece56225c6cca04e4877eee01d0cb9&ck[idlist]=fcece56225c6cca04e4877eee01d0cb9
boierlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 09:57   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Winter Tires and Rims - TPMS sensors??

My car is not a Ford and has the valve sensors as shown in the rockauto page. Ended up breaking a sensor and ordered a replacement from RA and it would not link up with my system. The shop spent hours trying to get the system to recognize the aftermarket sensor with no luck. Ended up having to but a Hyundai sensor which the system recognized immediately. You might end up with the same issue.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:10   #3 (permalink)

Re: Winter Tires and Rims - TPMS sensors??

Got new wheels and tires from tirerack, along with tpms sensors. I bought the tpms scan tool ($45) and it worked perfectly.There are instructions on how to put your car in learn mode for the new sensors.
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus 2008+| Mercury Sable 2008+ | Lincoln MKS | Ford Five Hundred | Mercury Montego