Ford Forums banner

Winter Tires and Rims - TPMS sensors??

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  intimidator 
#1 ·
I am looking to get a set of winter tires for our 2008 Taurus Limited FWD.

It has stock 18" rims so I was thinking of getting 17" rims along withs - 17x7.5 215/60 17

I would need to get a TPMS sensor as well but I am new to all this. I believe the stock system has a band and sensor mounted inside I think? I have noticed their are OEM sensors with the valve that may be a simpler option. Is this true?

VDO valve sensor as an option?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1441224&parttype=12036&a=Search%2Bfor%2BNSA&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[ID]=fcece56225c6cca04e4877eee01d0cb9&ck[idlist]=fcece56225c6cca04e4877eee01d0cb9

#2 ·
My car is not a Ford and has the valve sensors as shown in the rockauto page. Ended up breaking a sensor and ordered a replacement from RA and it would not link up with my system. The shop spent hours trying to get the system to recognize the aftermarket sensor with no luck. Ended up having to but a Hyundai sensor which the system recognized immediately. You might end up with the same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.