Ford Forums banner

5Ltr Vs EL XR6 (Fuel)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NCGhia 
#1 ·
We might be getting another ride to complement our current Ford Line up. If for some reason I don't get another 5 ltr, I was wondering what the fuel consumption was like in a EL/EF XR6?

#2 ·
Fuel Consumption

Hi,

I drive a NCII Sportsman, which comes with the ED XR6 engine and some other bits and pieces. I also had a 5.0 litre NCII until recently but fuel costs were pretty high for a car that didn't go any harder than my Sportsman. My 4.0 ltr Sportsman averages 11.4 or so kms per 100 K's of mixed driving in and around Canberra. Thats worked out over 6 or 8 tanks. My V8 averaged about 15.5 doing the same driving.

My car has HM headers, 2.5 inch Cat and Exhaust, K&N Filter and a Unichip and uses less fuel with all this fitted, goes harder than the V8 now as well - Just doesn't sound as good!!!!

#3 ·
that sounds about right sportsman. I've got the XR8 sedan version and I find economy is a problem in standard form. But found it to be a improvment once the mods were done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.