carby set up for transbrake - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Drag Racing Technique
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 16:30   #1 (permalink)

confused carby set up for transbrake

gday fellas,
can anybody tell me how to set up a carby for use with a transbrake.
do you set up the accel. pumps to give a full squirt on launch. because at the moment the throttle is wide open before i release the button, and the pump shot has been used up while staging.
the vehicle isnt any faster off the transbrake.
the vehicle is a falcon ute, 5100 converter, 4.33 gears, 3200lbs, caltracs and rancho adjustable shocks. 60ft times are around 1.55-1.58 off the footbrake or the trans brake.
please help, i hope i havnt wasted $1000.00 on a transbrake.

thanks, justin.
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2006, 04:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: carby set up for transbrake

i thought the accelerator should be flat when ur on the trans brake so the pumpers shouldnt matter.

i seen ur ute race at mildura last weekend its very neat could u give us a bit of a run down on the engine combo and what not
D-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 19:38   #3 (permalink)

i seen ur ute race at mildura last weekend its very neat could u give us a bit of a run down on the engine combo and what not[/QUOTE]

yeah, no probs.
the engine is 357 cubes.
cast 351 factory crank, 302 rods, acl flat tops, 246 solid cam, cast 2v heads, ian moody eradicator 2v manifold, 750hp holley, factory regraphed dist., msd6al, 2step, 5100 converter, full manual c4 with transbrake, 9" with 4.33 full spool, 31 spline moser axles and 28x10.5" slicks.

im going to a test and tune in sydney on saturday and im going to try different pills in the 2 step. that should fix our launch problem.
i shouldnt be complaining about a 1.52 60ft, but it was doing that before we put in the transbrake and caltracs.

i will let you know how i go after saturday.
you should have come over to our camps site and had a chinwag.

cheers, justin.
Old 04-26-2006, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

The transbrake is only for consistant launches not faster 60's. It's more consistant as you can have the rpm in the exact same spot every time.

You don't have to have the carb setup differently when using a transbrake. I've just upped my 30cc primary accel pump to 50cc. I've got a slight flat spot on launch.

The Caltrac's are what will make your car launch harder. Maybe you have too much preload on them? Too much will induce wheelspin.
Old 04-26-2006, 21:19   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
The transbrake is only for consistant launches not faster 60's. It's more consistant as you can have the rpm in the exact same spot every time.

You don't have to have the carb setup differently when using a transbrake. I've just upped my 30cc primary accel pump to 50cc. I've got a slight flat spot on launch.

The Caltrac's are what will make your car launch harder. Maybe you have too much preload on them? Too much will induce wheelspin.
no preload at the moment brendan,
we did run at sydney with too much preload and standard shocks and had horrific wheel spin.
at mildura we had an air gap and set the shocks on a softer setting and it hooked up heaps better. everybody ive spoken to said that their car benefitted at the 60ft marker after installing a brake. not one person has said that it has made them more consistant.
you car seems to be going quite well. what suspension mods are you going to do?
cheers, justin
Old 04-26-2006, 22:11   #6 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

None if I can get away with it? I want it to be a fast street car that drag races not a drag car that gets driven on the street. I 60 quite slow 1.63sec for whats under the bonnet. It should 60 in 1.5's easy.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:30   #7 (permalink)

Try not nailing the throttle flat when your sitting on the transbrake. That will give you the fuel from the accel pumps and also let the convertor flare
Might help you
Melsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Drag Racing Technique

Related Reading: carby set up for transbrake