Ford Forums banner

Estimated RWKW and 1/4 times

4K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Clevo_land 
#1 ·
Heres my specs for XA falcon, havent fired it up yet but curious about expected performance what do you think?
Cleveland 351
4MA crank
302 rods
ACL race pistons .020 oversize
Zero decked block
302 2V closed chamber heads, 2V valves, some unshrouding, polished chambers, mild porting, hardened ex seats, 63 cc chambers, crow dual springs.
F238 cam eqv (solid)
Edelbrock performer 2V manifold
Holley 750 secondary vac
Pacemaker tri-y,s dual 2 ½ exhaust
3200 hi stall convertor
3.5 9” rear gears
PULP
To be daily street driven.

#5 ·
I reckon 280 hp,prefer hp than kw readings (Kw are for rice cookers :p) and in a 4 door xa with 3.5 gears i reckon in street trim should do low 13s. change the ratios to 3.9-4.11s and a bigger stall 4000 rpm (Dominator dont bother with anything else) should do mid 12s. my mates got an xc 4 door with 313 runs 12.3s with 4.11s and a 4000stall on street mccrearys

#6 ·
Hi all love fords always have but my project at the moment is a subaru liberty AWD turbo conversion should be on the road with in 10 weeks, what times should l be looking at in the dry with my setup? any help would be much appreciated.

2 liter quad cam multi point fuel injected engine

k&n pod filter inside front right corner of bumper with 70mm duct for cold air intake.

TD04 turbo running 17 psi boost

motec m400 ECU , motec ignition and coil packs

electric water spray kit,electric water pump,and air con completly removed.

full 3" exhuast turbo dump ect...

modified water to air intercooler to hold more water, also a custom large radiator.

aftermarket fuel pump

it has front and rear LSD diff's runing 4'11 gears,with a beefed auto and a 2800 high stall dominator converter coz boost comes on at 3000 rpm.

the jap internalls are stock as l've been assured they are good for 300 kw.

weight will be around the 1270Kg

wheels 16" ,205,50, brakes twin piston front with green stuff pads all round

suspension is a whiteline sport's package and a handling package together.

so there it is, what times should l expect to get from this setup thnx guys.

cheers PS: let your XR6 TURBO eat an ss commadore once a week hehe :smlwink:

#8 ·
WRAITHRSLIB said:
Hi all love fords always have but my project at the moment is a subaru liberty AWD turbo conversion should be on the road with in 10 weeks, what times should l be looking at in the dry with my setup? any help would be much appreciated.

k&n pod filter inside front right corner of bumper with 70mm duct for cold air intake.

modified water to air intercooler to hold more water, also a custom large radiator.

aftermarket fuel pump

it has front and rear LSD diff's runing 4'11 gears,with a beefed auto and a 2800 high stall dominator converter coz boost comes on at 3000 rpm.

About 18 secs including the SPOOL effect of the Turbo.

#10 ·
falcon coupe said:
I wouldnt have a clue mate you do realise this is a Cleveland forum dont you ?

You could try asking your questions here : http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=42

Okay thnx hay your in berwick ha? l'm in cranny dude l'll keep my eyes open for your cool looking coup mate, if a silver subaru toots you it's just me say in hi.

cheers :smlwink:

#12 ·
WRAITHRSLIB said:

aftermarket fuel pump

Are you using an EJ20 off a WRX? Ive seen a conversion like that in a Subaru Leone however since ur running higher boost you should see some nice power, i rekon at least 180-200kw@wheels.
Im guessing but high 13s?
180+kW and 4wd means good 1/4 times.
Let us know how you go (probably elsewhere from the Cleveland section lol)

#13 ·
T_Terror said:
Are you using an EJ20 off a WRX? Ive seen a conversion like that in a Subaru Leone however since ur running higher boost you should see some nice power, i rekon at least 180-200kw@wheels.
No probs mate will do.

cheers ;)

#14 ·
T_Terror said:
A standard TD04 turbo will run out of puff at somewhere around 125rwkw on a WRX

#15 ·
Hey guys,

what about an XD sedan with :

377ci
flat top ACL race pistons
solid cam- about 560" lift
4v close chamber with porting
torker manifold (port matched)
700 dp
4000 stallie
3.55:1 diff
optimax with oct booster

Low 12`s maybe? Expecting about 500hp.

#17 ·
brenx said:
I don't know how you'd go in the low 12's with a 3.5 diff. Anythings possible though.

Brenden
Cheers mate,

was running 8.7`s on the 1/8th with old motor, had a leaking inlet manifold, 3.00:1 diff and 2500 stallie, running on street tyres, probably around 350hp. Time equates to about 13 secs for quater, think low 12`s should be acheivable with new set-up.

#18 ·
With 3.23 gears my 378 stroker full street trim did a 13.1 @ 106mph first and only time out. That equates to about 350RWHP on the Moroso calculator, and with ideal gearing and hook-up that mph and my weight equates to a 12.3.

My specs similiar to yours, bigger cam but 2V heads, 750DP, Weiad Xerator inlet.

#19 ·
northiam said:
Heres my specs for XA falcon, havent fired it up yet but curious about expected performance what do you think?
Cleveland 351
4MA crank
302 rods
ACL race pistons .020 oversize
Zero decked block
302 2V closed chamber heads, 2V valves, some unshrouding, polished chambers, mild porting, hardened ex seats, 63 cc chambers, crow dual springs.
F238 cam eqv (solid)
Edelbrock performer 2V manifold
Holley 750 secondary vac
Pacemaker tri-y,s dual 2 ½ exhaust
3200 hi stall convertor
3.5 9” rear gears
PULP
To be daily street driven.
I'll take a shot at it...

60: 2.05 @ 33.1 MPH
660: 8.54 @ 83.3 MPH
1320: 14.03 @ 102.6 MPH

FWHP: 411
RWHP: 305

These calculations are based upon an average elevation of 63 feet above sea level with 55% relative humidity and 70*F of ambient air temperature.

:davis:

#21 ·
Racer said:
I went 9's with 3.5's in my "old" car, and hopefully high 10's/low 11's with the same ratio in my "new" car...
XD's roughly 3500-3600lbs. Hence why I say it's a bit iffy. It can be done but I personally don't think it will with a 3.5.

Even I are aiming to get my car into the 10's. Just couldn't say when it may or may not do it. I'll die trying though but I am running a 4500rpm convertor and 4.11 gears. Hopefully the auto's hold up ;) I doubt it though. hehehe

As I said "anythings possible though".

Brenden

#22 ·
WRAITHRSLIB said:
lol l'll run you any time dude even in the rain hehe, on a more serious note who won the targa tasmania this year a suby. :rofl:

cheers
Anytime if your in Melbourne we usually visit Calder Park cum out and have a play with the ol V8's.

#23 ·
davis said:
I'll take a shot at it...

60: 2.05 @ 33.1 MPH
660: 8.54 @ 83.3 MPH
1320: 14.03 @ 102.6 MPH

FWHP: 411
RWHP: 305

These calculations are based upon an average elevation of 63 feet above sea level with 55% relative humidity and 70*F of ambient air temperature.

:davis:
I would say a 13.8 to 13.7 with those mods and gearing.

#25 ·
falcon coupe said:
He is in Cranbourne, which is Melbourne.
Well we are going out this Friday. :AAHHH:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.