Ford Forums banner

LTD vs FAIRLANE

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  tranquilized 
#1 ·
I was checking at a few car yards today and came across a 1 owner 89 DA Ford LTD for $6000. I took it for a drive and i'll have to say very impressed. It has velour interior and instruments that rivals a limo. Anyway what is the difference between the LTD and Fairlane, is it only the front grill??? I thinking of trading in my EA spak for it?? It's done 185000KM, is $6000 grand a good price??

#2 ·
I paid $8000 for mine, with 205,000km on it. It was in excellent condition, so yeah I reckon $6000 is worth it. The LTD has the grille, the woodgrain, velour, mine had a sunroof, power front seats, nicer rear seats, and better wheels. That's all I can think of really...

Alex

#3 ·
i saw one back a month ago when i was getting my ea spac and i was choosing between a ltd and my car but since im only 15 i wanted a small car so i went for the s but back to the point the ltds price was $4000

#5 ·
about 8 months ago i bought a 7/91 V8 NC Fairlane Ghia, with 255,000 on the clock for 6 grand its pretty cool but the motor is getting a little tired, so i'd say that was factored into hte lowish price

anyways 6grand for a awesome nick low kay DA LTD is a pretty good price, yeah go for it i reckon

#7 ·
Early NA Fairlanes had fairly ordinary trim - the same as what was in the equivilant Fairmont - cloth seats with vinyl door trims. Still had all the electrics though.
LTD added plush velour everywhere they could stick it, electric front seats, and a better stereo with controls in the back.
1 owner car, low kays, $6000 - i'd go for it.

#8 ·
I bought my nc v8 for 5000 bucks, white, 1 owner full history 162266kms rebuilt ford auto under warranty she purrs. Just dumped it on its arse, 16" svo wheels, slight exhaust and everything works! Just a word of advice, I trade these in at work all day where I work (Frankston Ford) and my advice is spend the extra buks on a 5.0 they will always hold there value better. And the v8 sounds more like a pimp daddy cruiser

#9 ·
The cars deserve the v8 anyway

#10 ·
That is not a bad price for the LTD as long as it is in very good condition/good service history etc.A pitty the year of the car that you mentioned only came out with wood trim on the doors only.Had a nice premium sound system though with rear passanger controls at the rear of the centre console and might have had CD stacker in the boot,I know 91 models did.A big bonus if it is a V8 but for the price you mentioned it is a 3.9 six I would bet.Very nice electric seats in the LTD and a very nice cruising car,and you can make plenty of mods as well,that is putting later model bits in it, see my gallery for a couple of ideas.

#12 ·
The DA sounds alright at that price.

6 months ago, I looked at a DA in a car yard. Asking price $10,990. Not worth it so I kept the NA.

Yesterday, I saw a NC & a DC in the same car yard, in Bankstown, Sydney. Stopped to have a gander at them.

The NC is a late 1991 model, V-8, 230,000 km. Electric sunrooof fitted when the car was 9km old. 16x7 alloys, EF/EL steel wheel for spare. Green in colour, grey interior. Towbar. No ABS. Looks unmarked, comes with some history. Asking price: $9,990. For me, not worth it. It is too close in specification to my NA (4/1991).

The DC is another story. 1993 (I think April) model. V-8, 126,000 km. Leather & woodgrain interior. Ford CD Stacker mounted in boot. No towbar. ABS. White car, grey interior. Absolutely stock, looks like a new car - no marks, blemishes or scratches. Some of the vehicles history available with it. Asking price: $16,990. Very tempting, having enough difference from the NA to make it worth a second thought as well as some serious haggling over price.

Cheers
Brett

#15 ·
your right MADNC, DA's didn't have a CD option, they had a big silver stereo that took up the whole facia panel - bigger than the 1 DIN space, plus the rear seat controls
The DC2 had the black Alpine system with CD stacker and subwoofer, but no rear seat controls - the same system standard in the EB Fairmont Ghias

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.