Ford Forums banner

Stock 1/4 mile runs!

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  paul 
G
#1 ·
Well im not boasting. But last night at the creek i some how manage to pull off a 15.7 sec out of my stock XR8 manual. Im just wondering what people are doing in their cars and what have they had done.
Thanks guys.
P.S Jeff thanks for the helmet.
Tim lets race......

G
#3 ·
Hey kon,
Its matt. My XR8 is an EF2 manual. Same as tim's. The KPH was around 130-140. Alot slower than kelly's.The 60' jump were in around the 2's. I will get the time sheet's out at home and tell you all later. But mine had no legs in third. So if anyone has an answer for that please tell me coz it was a little frustrating.
Matt.

#4 ·
It should be able to go a couple of tenths quicker, maybe 15.3-15.2 but nothing more than that I would think. But the Mph will give a good indication of what you can run though.

Did you have the spare wheel and jack? What about heavy stereo equipment? Running 98 Octane fuel?

G
#7 ·
Well I went to go last night had everything ready and the bastards wouldnt let in coz i had lost my rego papers. Well my last run i had ages ago was with everything in the car. Even a crate full of car washing gear. So next time i will have nothing. I should go better. Everyone that has posted said they were auto, well thats the key to quicker times. Less time in the change!.

G
#8 ·
Bah - autos aren't the key to quicker times, they just bette for consistency. Given the same spec cars the manual will beat the auto evey time if the lauch is good because of lower driveline losses.

FYI last night I managed a 14.325 @ 95.3mph in my manual Sprint which is stock apart from an exhaust system and minor airbox mods. Race weight (ie me and fuel included) was around 1680kg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.