Sunday 26th @ the 'Plex - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Drag Racing Technique
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 21:15   #1 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

Sunday 26th @ the 'Plex

Anyone going, looks like its going to be fine.
Hopefully get a timeslip to back up the 14.88 @ 152kmh I get with G-Tech pro.
Not bad for a 6, but we'll see whether the G-Tech is accurate.

Old car = AU Futura, Galaxy blue, IRS, 16" mags, DBA Slotted rotors. Pity to see it go, very good, under- rated car, RIP
ricthewheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 20:54   #2 (permalink)
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"

Re: Sunday 26th @ the 'Plex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthewheelie
Anyone going, looks like its going to be fine.
Hopefully get a timeslip to back up the 14.88 @ 152kmh I get with G-Tech pro.
Not bad for a 6, but we'll see whether the G-Tech is accurate.
Time on G-tech are based on weight of car that you put in.

So you need to get the car put on the scales then run it and see if it's on track or not.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:40   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
Time on G-tech are based on weight of car that you put in.

So you need to get the car put on the scales then run it and see if it's on track or not.
Only the horsepower mode requires your cars weight.

The 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times don't require the weight. It just uses acceleration and time.

My gtech was always about 3-4 tenths slower than actual.......which ended up being a nice suprise!
Old 06-25-2005, 04:19   #4 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

The difference could also be the pitch factor which I'll set up tomorrow.
TruBlu351, if your right, and it is quicker at the drags then a time of 14.48 would be magic, one of the quicker unopened 6's.
All will be revealed tomorrow.

Old car = AU Futura, Galaxy blue, IRS, 16" mags, DBA Slotted rotors. Pity to see it go, very good, under- rated car, RIP
Old 06-25-2005, 08:30   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
The difference could also be the pitch factor which I'll set up tomorrow.
TruBlu351, if your right, and it is quicker at the drags then a time of 14.48 would be magic, one of the quicker unopened 6's.
All will be revealed tomorrow.
Good luck. Make sure you empty the boot of your spare tyre and jack!!

It's also important to remember that you need a dead flat road for the most accurate gtech reading. They're "supposed" to be accurate to with 1/10th of a sec.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:48   #6 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

TruBlu351, my G-Tech is 3 tenths the other way, bummer, oh well a 15.26 at 92.49mph isn't bad (or is it a starting point ?, am I going to get the 14 second bug).

An XR6 N/A with the same mods did a 15.31 and they've got a lower diff ratio.

Set my pitch correction factor right too so that the run that I did next both G-Tech and Track mph were very close, but I don't believe the 0 to 100kmh time anymore as its saying 6.4 secs and the 1,000ft mark speed is 119kmh, go figure

Old 06-26-2005, 05:01   #7 (permalink)

Bummer! 14 sec goal seems so close!! Yeah, a mid 14 is quick for a stock 6. Most stock XR8's would only be doing mid 14's.

What were your 60ft times? This is the area where you can make a lot of difference on your ET. ie: getting off the line nice = few tenths quicker = 14.99! You running auto or manual? Either dump the clutch with more rpm (without wheel spinning it) or stall it up on the auto as much as you can without doing a burnout.

Have fun next time!
Old 06-26-2005, 22:34   #8 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

2.570 was the 60ft time. My brother was driving the car and was going to stall it up but we didn't have time. I can't stall it up as I'm in a wheelchair and use hand controls to control the accelerator and brake, with that in mind I could still have gotten a better reaction time and ET I think.

Old 06-27-2005, 00:46   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
2.570 was the 60ft time. My brother was driving the car and was going to stall it up but we didn't have time. I can't stall it up as I'm in a wheelchair and use hand controls to control the accelerator and brake, with that in mind I could still have gotten a better reaction time and ET I think.
No worries. Your reaction time has nothing to do with your ET........the ET timer doesn't start until your front wheels break the staging beam. Reaction time is only important if you want to beat someone else in the other lane. Sometimes its best to ignore them when you first start out and just focus on your own run.

You should easily be able to knock of a few tenths on your 60ft time. This is basically a measurement of your launch. So a little more work there and hello 14!!

I'm guessing the accelerator and brake control is on the same lever/control you have? ie: can you put the brake on and accelerate at the same time?....then just release the brake? You may be able to use the handbrake to do the same thing if that's accessible. So, hold handbrake on, accelerate a little util just before where the car wants to move........green light: hit the go button and let the brake go!!! Wooompa......2.2 60 footer

Once you've got the hang of that, to get a good "reaction time" you have to nail it when you see the last (3rd) yellow light. Then your car leaves right when the green light comes on.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20   #10 (permalink)

Heya ric, I came over and asked how you were going at the end of the day and thought the 15.2's were pretty good. I didn't see any of your passes but good luck next time. I ran a 10.0 and was down a couple of tenths at the 60 ft as well. The track was pretty good for this time of the year and the limited prep it had. Only did 3 passes and I think the track was going away towards the end as I reckon I did about 1500 ft on my last pass. Cya next time, Mike.
blueprinted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Drag Racing Technique