Wanting To Build A 72 LTD Drag Car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Drag Racing Technique
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 21:47   #1 (permalink)

Wanting To Build A 72 LTD Drag Car

hello, I have a 72 Ford LTD 2 door... I am wanting to build this into a Bracket/Drag Car. It has the Bastard 400m block , and a C6. I would like to build a SB, or BB engine, and run it, and than later install it into a Mustang at a later date. But I am new to this... I have raced Motocross in the past, and now my kids have taken that route, and now its time for dad to pursue a little more HP where do ya think I should start. have about 7 grand to sink into it over about 4 months.

DEvourment 138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 03:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: Wanting To Build A 72 LTD Drag Car

What sort of times do you wish to run, I am building a 393 stroker which has cost me $10 000 so far and still not finished
STUGUTS_XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 14:45   #3 (permalink)

lookin to run high 11's low 12's .... it has a c6 to fit the 400m BB bolt pattern, so a 460 would probaly be the way to go. and like I said further down the road the drive train will go into a Mustang LX... willing to spray the engine but am kinda in the dark on the requirments that the engine, 9" ford rear end, and tranny would have to have to take a 200 shot on top of a good BB build. Like I said I really have no clue on spools, axels, rear end, suspension, and entire engine setup to handle the spray etc....
DEvourment 138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 21:37   #4 (permalink)

Maybe you should go down to your local drag strip on a street night and get a few idea's and know which way you want to go with your set up, if you are talking about tranfering it into a mustang' i myself would go for a c4 with tranbrake with reverse shift pattern as they dont suck so much ponies as a c6, just keep in mind drag racing is like a bug you will always want more power and quicker times, Happy Days
STUGUTS_XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:53   #5 (permalink)

Im not sure you ever did this, seeing its a old post, but you would defently want to go with a big block in that car. There is a LOT of mass to move off the line, and the grunt of a big block is what it will need.
s1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Drag Racing Technique