I just beat my 1st commodore - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub > Track Kill Stories
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2002, 17:13   #1 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I just beat my 1st commodore

(Typical example of hooning) - any questions ?

Anyway...

About 8pm last night it was nice and cold and I was driving to my girlfriends place in my ED Fairmont.

I had the cruise on in this dual-carriageway 80km road and passed a white VR ute. As we went down this hill the set of lights there went red (conveniently).

I turned my a/c off and flicked her into to power and chomped the gas on the green. Both tyres spun and my car sidesteeped towards the VR just as his tyres spun!

Across the intersection I was in front but the VR gained a heep in his 1st gear he got his headlight to my front wheel just as my I6 wen tthrough the fat spot in 1st gear. I help him off and on the gear change he dropped back about 2m. By this point we were going past 100kmh and he was constatle dropping back.

At 130 he was well behind and then gave up!!!

I feel so proud to beat a newer car!! A HOLDEN!!!

my 2cents
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2002, 20:36   #2 (permalink)

Good on ya I have only ever beaten 2 Commodores since I have been driving. Both VLs, any Commodore with a V6 usually flogs me. I was about to go looking for a cliff to drive my car off when a VB Commodore was beating me once, until I saw that it was a V8. It was still embarassing though.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 22:03   #3 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

What sort of Falcon do you drive Kenaz?

It was the best feeling I tell ya! I bet the bloke in the VR had a new found respect for Ford (maybe .
Old 07-24-2002, 03:03   #4 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

I bet two VNs before but sadly lost to a VS, it looked a bit done up, nice exhaust etc. Thats all ive dragged before. My mate has a VB V8 commie and is getting it fixed, he wants to drag me and says hell beat me, but I very much doubt it, how good are they ?
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 03:11   #5 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

What car you driving? I recon my ED goes pretty hard.

I suppose it depends on how the power to weight figures compare. But if its stock standard I'd say you'd beat him.

By how much did the VS win?

I lost to a VS ute on the same road, but I left the A/C on and it was a hot day. My take off was soggy. And I didn't have the midrange thrust compared to when the a/c is off. His tail lights lined up my headlights after about 100km/h, but I was gaining at that point before we found a round-a-bout.

Also it looked done up a bit too, nice mags and that. not sure about the exhaust or engine mods.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:56   #6 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

I got EA S MPEFI 5 speed. Its in good nick , low kays , well tuned, 2.5'' exhaust , rest is stock, it goes quite well, around 8.5secs for 0-100km/hr. Its hard to say how much the VS won by coz it wasnt really much of a drag, sort of up to some lights and then around a corner, but he was in front, not too much.
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
No longer around

ive beeten CFi Ea's in my XF Ute its got a stock 4.1, EA 3 speeder (borg warner m-51) dunno wat diff ratio only stock single wheeler diff from a manual
cant beet a MPi EA though :(

cant wait till i get my new car!!! ED Ghia V8 hmmmmmmmmmmm
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:32   #8 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

ED Ghias are very nice car, V8 even better!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:51   #9 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

hehe die commo die! thats a great effort mate!!!!

i am dead even with a supercharged Calais up to about 100km/h (thats all we raced to) and usually just beat VS sedans - if my car was running properly i reckon i would kill them.

once i raced a manual VS wagon V6 with twin pipes, big wheels, bonnet bulge, nice paint and painted white numbers on the window like it had just come from the drags.

i was at a set of lights and they pulled up beside me and the front passenger (there were 3 passengers so the win doesnt really count but i still am proud) rolled down his window and said 'wanna run?' im like yeah, ok, is that blown? he ses no, i say 'got NOS?' and he just winds up his window. im thinking 'oh bugger hes got NOS and im gunna get killed!'

so the light goes green and we both leave the line sideways (FUN!!!) then by the end of first i have half a carlength, second i have one and a half, and halfway through third we lift off and i have like 3 carlengths on him, i was SOOO stoked. he didnt have NOS anyway but im still proud.

not that i condone street racing or anything...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 14:51   #10 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I don't condone street racing either, but Impromptu drags late at night on multiple carriageway roads that are international airstrip grade with 400m visability are definately ok once off.

When i got beat by a VS going the other way, my car had the A/C on and a blown head gasket. Makes a big difference. If I could race him now it would be very even.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub > Track Kill Stories