1971 Ranchero Squire - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Ranchero
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:29   #1 (permalink)

1971 Ranchero Squire

hey everyone, glad to see a forum dedicated to the Ranchero! i'm new to the site, this is my first post and i'd like to say hey to all the Ranchero owners. right now it's a 1971 Ranchero Squire with a 302 2 barrel and a 3 speed automatic in it. it has 64k original miles on it and it runs like a champ. the only rust on it is now beginning to bubble the paint. there will be pictures soon. right now i'm not sure whether to hotrod it out or restore it. i really like the wood print on it. alot of people say it's cheesy but i really don't care. if anyone has any advice please get back to me! thanks!

Dave
71RancheroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2006, 20:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1971 Ranchero Squire

Alright, here's the deal with the 71 Ranchero. I put an aftermarket aluminum intake and Holley 600 cfm carb on it. I added a few things like chrome valve covers and air cleaner. It runs better now and is a little louder. I've decided to turn it into a restomod. I think that it shares the same front end with the Torino and the Fairlane but I could be wrong. Any advice or knowledge please tell me. So I'm going to start with replacing the rubber bushings with some polyurethane bushings. I'm also going to try to lower the vehicle an inch or so all around. I'm thinking about upgrading the sway bars too but I'm not sure yet. All this combo should give it a nice and tight feel at the wheel. Who knows.
71RancheroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 18:54   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1971 Ranchero Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RancheroGuy
Alright, here's the deal with the 71 Ranchero. I think that it shares the same front end with the Torino and the Fairlane
From the doors forward its the same as a Torino, believe the door glass may be different but the doors are the same as a 2-dr HT---bob
bobr19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Ranchero