a 69 ....whats it worth and how far would it go? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Ranchero
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 18:51   #1 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

a 69 ....whats it worth and how far would it go?

for starters i been getin tired of this 4 banger though long about big Big turbos, nos everything. then I6's v6 twin's and sum v8's
then you realize once you get a tase of more power, you just want more, so why not by pas the bull shit and go st8 to the biggest and the baddest.
or i realy want an 86-89 fox 5.0, shure but the 460 makes more sence.

now i know i should be hunting for around a 75 ranchero but that has come up completly useless. finding 1 with a 460, has benn few, and all to far, serious drag cars for 10k and more.
then a beautiful 69 fell into my lap, just acros town. its parked and has been parked for a while. its completly orignal, sumwhat restored, theres minor surface rust on the uncarage, but everything else is orignal works am/fm oldschool heater, i think? beautiful clean 302 rebuilt and at 48,000 miles.
the guy that ownes it is elderly and need to get rid of it, problem is everone is giving about $1500 tops. because they want the 460!!!!
so i gave up and decided i can just pop 1 in there np, get a aftermarket re-furbished motor and start there.

so i was wondering if any ranchero fans out there can please break a few things down for me!!!

how much would a slightly restored, rebuilt to oem, 8 outa 10 star paint job, cherry red, orignal everything and well mainted cruze for in u.s. currency, private party value.

next up any 1 know the orignal hp/torque the 460 made in 75 or so.

any 1 got like a 500hp build recipe for cheap?- maybe more???

last what would a 69 weigh with orignal everything and the 302 ?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: a 69 ....whats it worth and how far would it go?

Here's some links in your search for answers:

Ford Racing Performance Parts [460 Big Block and Stroker Engines With Aluminum Heads]

www.kkb.com

I don't blame you - nothing like a big block. Pass up the BS and just hit go! Unless you already have a big block and want something else more unique. Since I already have a BB car, I'm building a hopped up inline six. Gas is nearly $4 a gallon in my area, so I have no problems going with a 6 banger.

Good luck,
jahearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Ranchero