Ford Forums banner

My GT 500 dragster (in the works)

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BlueSteel 
#1 ·
This is my 1974 GT500 Ranchero Dragster. 429 (bored over to 472) from stock 400-M, chrome molley rings, scorpion 1.73 roller rockers, solid lifters push rods oil shaft and inlargened valves, D3VE heads, Stanly Valves, HO cam (radical!), all ported, holley 950 CFM carb, full MSD, 6al, Stage 3 RPM limiter, 3 RPM dials, distributor, blaster 3 (might swich to TFI for more spark), split fire plugs and wires, true doudle roller timing chain, 600HP high output C6 trans, trans break, front break lock, 4.11 rear strait 9", centerline 05 drags, ceramic coated hooker headers (no more then that :)), custom aluminum dash with massive 3.5 inch gauges. This summer I'm making a full fiberglass flip nose for it with a fiberglass tailgate and doors, rear and side windows will be plexy glass, with push matic door locks. I'm swear I'm going to kill my self with this monster.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The dragster may hit perhaps high 11s low 12s. If not, I still got work to do. I wanted to convert it to a EFI system with a mafs and super charger, my dad said no it'll be fine the way it is. Wait to you see the cruiser next year, my dad do what ever I please with it (there are no icons to show my devilish plans).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.