1965 200 cid engine pull. HELP ! ! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2005, 00:11   #1 (permalink)
65 Falcon in6, in shop

Exclamation 1965 200 cid engine pull. HELP ! !

i am a total newb to an engine overhaul. and my father knows only the basics about cars also, yet our falcon's engine is dying well dead. and we woudl liek to pull it and do an overhaul.

the problem: i know how to pull an engine a little, but on my engine i cant figure out where to mount the chains, and i would like to do it right, not just half assed.

an auto-shop teacher told me its easy just two bolts to grab onto, buy two new ones. one in the front the other in the back. i was able to get ahold of someone who pulled his 200 cid 1965 engine 6-8 years ago and said two bolts one on the head and the other somewhere, been too long for him to remember.

request: i woudl appriciate it if someone could show me two pictures on where to place two bolts, or how to take on this feat of pulling this engine. i have read too much in shop manuals and books and cant find out how. i also live 2o miles from a decent shop so i cant take it anywhere just to pull it.
revoltdeceased is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2005, 02:20   #2 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Re: 1965 200 cid engine pull. HELP ! !

How about the rear most exhaust manifold bolt and the thermostat housing bolt on the opposite side of the engine at the front using grade 8 bolts with large washers .
302xm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons