$660 Ford Hardtop - poor condition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2006, 17:59   #1 (permalink)

$660 Ford Hardtop - poor condition

I was getting some alloy XF front brakes for my XC and spied this coupe.

More pics of it here:
http://planetsoarer.com/ford/

No plates, cant be registered, no engine, big dent behind drivers door hard to pick in photo, I didn't see inside boot.

There were tons of XF era alloy brakes at $33 pair. I got some from a low km Fairlane with brand new pads! I did a test fit and heft in the self serve wrecking yard. They do look to fit and were significantly lighter. These were 10 years newer than my car - got the brake hose as well - don't know if that will fit too.

Everything was going smooth 'til I spotted a stack of Gold 15x7and 15x8 V5 Simmons rims and new (undersize) tyres, caps and nuts behind the counter for FORD XW $1100. The guy said $880 was what he was allowed to sell them for. I had just watched the Australian Muscle Car Masters on DVD and now I felt my self reaching for the god damn credit car and putting gold mesh rims similar to Moffat on my own car. Bloody impulse buying! So now I'm thinking 295/50 T/As are rec. on 8-10 inch rim and they'll fit and if I paint the car white and black the gold Simmons centres won't clash too bad (better than the orange red paint at the moment!) and I'm reminded of the White A9X Torana on Street Machine with the Gold simmons on all those years ago....sigh..

Oh and Mark the Upullit wrecking guy has about 20 XW XY sedans stacked up in a row. He ain't selling and is still collecting them. There's a photo of that as well.
Peter_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2006, 19:39   #2 (permalink)

Re: $660 Ford Hardtop - poor condition

hey peter, just went to the link and read the piece about your buy of your coupe, ya certainly gotta get lucky some days. well done mate
compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 21:31   #3 (permalink)

That red and black coupe looks wicked and seems a great buy at $3500. I know of one that sold for $12,000 in much worse condition. Would look better with a twin headlight grille. I even like the vinyl roof.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:47   #4 (permalink)
old B - new B

talk about a great find.
i would love to find a XC in that condition for a bargain price.

i have the XB now but before it i had an XC 351 rally pac sedan.
i still think that the XCs were a much better finnished and more refined car.

is your car the original colour , if so i would keep it that colour. looks great.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:53   #5 (permalink)
X C Homolagation

Peter that's a really nice car you have there, what a score. Twinn Headlight Grille would really set it off. Wish it was parked in my Garage
JG65TE_COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:30   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys!
The car was metallic light blue. Shannon's agreed to $15000 once they got the photos - they would only insure me for purchase price until I sent them some pics.
Most days I want to leave it stock Fairmont with it's period tacked on rear spoiler and quad pipes and other clutter - someone thought it was a good idea at the time and it's part of the car's history. Other days I do fancy twin headlights, rectangular XB GT exhaust tips and a cleaner look . At least with the way it is at the moment at an all FORD day I'll always know which one is mine!!
There is a very clean one at Bennetts auction here in SA at the moment:
http://www.bennettsclassicauctions.c...details&id=209

My mate has an XB Coupe that has to get a defect removed - he has my wheels at the moment and I have his. I reckon I'm more a fan of the "circuit race" look rather than the "drag car" look with skinny front wheels.

Peter_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:20   #7 (permalink)

Hey peter scott whereabouts is this $660 coupe?
Old 02-15-2006, 18:11   #8 (permalink)

You are a lucky bastard, Pete. Well done, mate.
rick'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 21:23   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73falcongt
Hey peter scott whereabouts is this $660 coupe?

http://upullit.com.au/

Corner Meyer Road and Sigma Road, Lonsdale, South Australia

Phone (08) 8382 1122
EFGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:58   #10 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Peter_Scott]Thanks guys!
The car was metallic light blue. Shannon's agreed to $15000 once they got the photos - they would only insure me for purchase price until I sent them some pics.
Most days I want to leave it stock Fairmont with it's period tacked on rear spoiler and quad pipes and other clutter - someone thought it was a good idea at the time and it's part of the car's history. Other days I do fancy twin headlights, rectangular XB GT exhaust tips and a cleaner look . At least with the way it is at the moment at an all FORD day I'll always know which one is mine!!

My mate has an XB Coupe that has to get a defect removed - he has my wheels at the moment and I have his. I reckon I'm more a fan of the "circuit race" look rather than the "drag car" look with skinny front wheels.

QUOTE]

That is a very smart looking motor car.
northey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons